Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Components Anywhere

Bruce Scherzinger's Avatar Bruce Scherzinger
I use a component, "Komento", which allows users to comment on articles. I would like to make it possible for them to comment on other non-article content. I was thinking it might be possible to use Articles Anywhere to position a placeholder article beneath the non-article page content (this works within a custom HTML module), but apparently the Komento comments UI will only appear if the article is the page content.

My curiosity is whether there is a way to get Articles Anywhere (or any other RL plugin) to support this type of "article-anchored" (made-up term) plugin. It's unfortunately not an option with Komento.

Where's Components Anywhere when you need it?!!

Thanks in advance!
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Probably not an option. Komento probably looks at the url, and not at the content.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Bruce Scherzinger's Avatar Bruce Scherzinger
Exactly. So if I could embed the component in an article and make the article the page content...

I actually have it working with an iframe, but it's not pretty since the content height can vary. But it appears this may be my only option.

Thanks, Peter
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription