Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Is it possible to override the custom layout, or set multiple render options?

Rikard J's Avatar Rikard J
I use Articles Anywhere together with Custom fields and YOOtheme pro. Everything works perfectly, but I have a question if it is possible to show the link back to the parent article differently? I'll explain my setup.

I have a setup where I use custom fields to select related articles. I render the link to the related article using YOOtheme dynamic content. Reading the custom field data. This way I am able to customize the rendering in any possible way.

On the related article I want a link back to the article that links to it. I do this by using
{article}[show-my-related-parent]{/article}
. And in the custom field I have set custom html so that the link is rendered they way I want it. For example:
<a class="uk-width-1-1 uk-button uk-button-primary" href="[url]"><span class="" uk-icon=""></span>&nbsp;&nbsp;[title]</a>

I wonder if it possible to render this "back-link" with custom formatting? Say for example that I want to show the link as a button in one position, but as a regular text link in another position. Or just wrap the link around an image?

FYI; there is a notice at the top of the Articles Anywhere documentation, stating that it is not compatible with Joomla 4.
docs4.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere/g...started/introduction
Andrea Malalana's Avatar Andrea Malalana ADMIN
I wonder if it possible to render this "back-link" with custom formatting? Say for example that I want to show the link as a button in one position, but as a regular text link in another position. Or just wrap the link around an image?
Yes, check this tutorial:
docs4.regularlabs.com/articlesfield/goin...or-articles-anywhere
FYI; there is a notice at the top of the Articles Anywhere documentation, stating that it is not compatible with Joomla 4.
That must be a bug of the documentation site, thanks for the heads up, Peter will fix it.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Fixed.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Rikard J's Avatar Rikard J
Thank you so much, works like a charm!
Andrea Malalana's Avatar Andrea Malalana ADMIN
Great! You're welcome.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription