Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Open output in a modal or new browser tab

Michael Barraclough's Avatar Michael Barraclough
I have the following code working fine.

{articles category="My Interpretations" ordering="title ASC" separator="<>"}</p>
[link][title][/link]
{/articles}

Currently, the output of clicking on the title goes into the same tab. I would prefer the output to go into either a modal (preferred) or at least into a new tab (ok). Is there any way to achieve this, please? I have all Regular Labs Pro tools available to me as well as EngageBox.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
To make the link open in a new tab, use:
[link target="_blank"][title][/link]
To make it open in a modal, using Regular Labs Modals, you could do something like:
{modal url="[url]" title="[title]"}[title]{/modal}
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thank you for the prompt response. I have two sites. The code is directly copied from one site to the other and both sites are running the latest version of Joomla and Articles Anywhere Pro.
{articles category="My Interpretations" ordering="title ASC" separator=", "} [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] {/articles}

works perfectly on one site but not on the other site.

On the first site I get:

Bishop, The Black Joak Black Nagg Cuckolds All Arow Excuse Me Green Stockings Lilliburlero/Lilli Burlero Moll Peatley The New Way New Bo Peep, or, Pickadilla Newcastle Nonesuch What You Please. This is correct and the links all work and open in a new tab.

On the 2nd site, the number of articles found is correct and the category is correct but the titles are all missing and the replacement has not taken place. The output I get is given below. Do you have any insight as to what I have done wrong, please?
[link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] ,  [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] ,  [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] ,  [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] ,  [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] ,  [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] ,  [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] ,  [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] ,  [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] ,  [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] ,  [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] ,  [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link]
What exactly is the original code you have?
Make sure Articles Anywhere is up-to-date and running on the latest version of Joomla 4.
the code is

{articles category="My Interpretations" ordering="title ASC" separator=", "} [link target="_blank"] [title replace="[interpreted by Michael Barraclough]=>"] [/link] {/articles}

Works on one site. Doesn't work on the other.

Articles Anywhere v14.2.0 [PRO]
Joomla! 4.3.4 Stable
PHP 8.1.20
Do you have this online so I can take a look?
This one works: michaelbarraclough.uk/my-dances/introduction
This one doesn't: dancingmaggot.com/index.php/dances/my-dances/introduction

** see confidential information for accessing the Dancing Maggot and for superuser access to both sites

Confidential information:
(hidden)

That ☝🏻
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription