Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Issue with article anywhere and rereplacer in combination depending on plugin order

Thomas Venugopal's Avatar Thomas Venugopal
Hello, I'm using latest Joomla 3.

This is Setup 1:

1. I have content items in a category (FAQ) with rereplacer tags inside.
2. I created a module and load FAQ items with articles anywhere inside of it.
3. I'm using this module everywhere on the site where I need it.

This is Setup 2:

1. I have a rereplacer item where I use articles anywhere code inside of it.
2. I'm using this rereplacer tag everywhere on the site where I need it.

When I put the rereplacer plugin at the first position in the plugin order than Setup 1 is broken and Setup 2 is working - the rereplacer tags are not converted. On the same site the tags are working fine in a plain module.

When I put articles anywhere at the first position in the plugin order than Setup 2 is broken and Setup 1 is working - the articles anywhere tags are not converted.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Set the Search Area in the ReReplacer item to 'Content'.

When you use the tag in modules make sure you have the "Prepare Content" option on in that module.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Yes, the first tip did it, thank you! And so fast.
Are there any performance differences in searching in body or only content?
Now the Setup 2 is not working anymore for pages build with yootheme pagebuilder. :-/
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The Regular Labs system plugins generally get triggered at 3 points during the rendering process.
At each point in the order you tell them to in the Plugin Manager.

At each point (or stage, or 'event') the plugins will look through the content/html passed to them and see if they should do something with it.

1) onContentPrepare
This is also the level at which the content plugins are triggered. The content of articles and Custom modules (if Prepare Content is on), and some 3rd party extensions is passed through the onContentPrepare trigger.
This can potentially be the most resource-intensive stage, as - depending on the type of page - this can be triggered multiple times. For example, a blog page will run every article through the plugins that get triggered during this event.

2) onAfterDispatch
At this stage the Regular Labs extensions will look at the final HTML output of the component part of the page.

3) onAfterRender
And finally the final HTML of the complete page will be looked at by the plugins.

Depending on how you use the extensions, you can get to a situation where one plugin creates content that should be dealt with by another plugin that has already been triggered. And it therefore doesn't get the chance to do its thing.

In the case of ReReplacer, you could create multiple duplicate replacement items, each with a different search area. To make sure it gets triggered at each of the 3 stages you require.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription