Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Conditional content no longer seems to work.

Hitsch's Avatar Hitsch
Hello RegularLaboratories! Could it be that with the latest update the
{if}
functions no longer work correctly?
Recently, Articles Anywhere has been returning incorrect results for conditional content queries: It seems that content of the first article of the searched category is displayed, but not the current article.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Do you have this online so I can take a look?

What is the full syntax you are using? (So the {articles}… {/articles} tag block)
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hitsch's Avatar Hitsch
Yes, for sure, we use both options, {article} and {articles}. All information from custom fields in {article} is concerned.
For example, we have a field called "send date". Articles Anywhere simply shows in the article the content of another article in the category, apparently the first one.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
I was asking for the full code...

You are probably using the {article} tag (singular) which will output just 1 article.
To output multiple articles, use the {articles} tags (plural).
Hitsch's Avatar Hitsch
{article}
{if stimme-gaeste AND stimme-moderation}[stimme-moderation] im Gespräch mit [stimme-gaeste separator=", " last-separator=" und "]{/if}
{/article}.
You are probably using the {article} tag (singular) which will output just 1 article.
To output multiple articles, use the {articles} tags (plural).
Hitsch's Avatar Hitsch
I don't think so. The desired data for the output all come from a single requested article. Singular seems to be correct.
I don't think I follow what the exact situation is.

Do you have this online so I can take a look?
Hitsch's Avatar Hitsch
Confidential information:
(hidden)
This is probably something down to your template and the PageBuilder.

The Articles Anywhere plugin doesn't seem to get triggered at all.

Can you reproduce the issue with the Joomla core template?
Hitsch's Avatar Hitsch
Hello Peter
Found a solution that fixes the error, which may help us:
We use ArticlesAnywhere in combination with Yootheme Pro. The HTML element in the builder allows for very efficient use. It seems that Yootheme actually does not transmit the ID of the post to ArticlesAnywhere in the single article view, so that ArticlesAnywhere uses a seemingly random ID(?), the displayed content accordingly does not originate from the current post...
The workaround:
If I simply use {articles id="current"} instead of {article}, everything works fine again.
Since the error occurred after a few updates and the pages in question have worked perfectly up to now, I suppose that the interaction between YT Pro and the RL Extension has changed in some way.
At this point it should be mentioned that this form of combination has not been working for so long, but since Yootheme Pro 3 it has been possible to integrate data via {article} very comfortably in many places. And of course it would be great if this were possible again in the future. {article} would just have to be functionally identical with {articles id="current"}.
Nico van Leeuwen's Avatar Nico van Leeuwen
Hi Peter,

I experience the same behaviour. I have used the article anywhere code without the id="current" option for a long time without any issues. But yesterday I noticed that something was missing in an article and it turned out that nothing from AA produced any data.

Tried to test with a pretty default Cassiopeia site/template and found the same behaviour.
Even a bit stranger... In between the AA tags I just added [title] and it produced a paragraph with the text "about" in it. No idea yet where that is coming from. After changing to the tag with the id="current" all works well again.
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Nico van Leeuwen's Avatar Nico van Leeuwen
Looks like it's working like a charm again.

Thanks for the blazing fast support.
The new version has been released.
Hitsch's Avatar Hitsch
It works fine, like before! Thanks! 🙂
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription