Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Show article based on url

Patrick van Droffelaar's Avatar Patrick van Droffelaar
I have multiple domains pointed to one website.

Example:
x.domain.com
y.domain.com
z.domain.com

I want to show public articles that are visible by all of the the domains, but also a specific article based on a url.(like Advanced Module Manager-> Mixed)

I know it's possible to show Conditional Content, Articles Anywhere and Modules Anywhere based on a url, but i can only publish it from inside an article or custom module itself.

Example: If i show a list with articles, i want to see the public ones and the articles from the specific domain.

Is this possible with one of your many great extensions (or combination)?

I have a website with a very old extension Virtual Domains (discontinued) which is using joomla access levels to show/hide articles based on the url. They made an override at the frontend to connect the access level to the url. Every domain get's its own (public) access level (accesslevel = x.domain.com). I only had to set the correct accesslevel to the articles and modules. The combination with Conditional Content, Articles Anywhere and snippets worked perfect for me.
Because the extension is not working with the latest php and Joomla, i need a replacement. It would be perfect if i can solve this with the Regular labs extension.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Articles Anywhere or Conditional Content cannot control the access of articles.

You can use Articles Anywhere to create a list or blog view of articles and only show the articles you want.
You could for instance use a custom field or tags to set the domain. And use that in the Articles Anywhere filters (or if tags).
But that still doesn't prevent people from viewing the article itself if they have a direct link to the article.

You can indeed use Advanced Module Manager to control what modules show, based on the URL (and any other condition).
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription