Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Linking Articles Anywhere with Articles Field

Robert Takacs's Avatar Robert Takacs
On my Motorsport website, "team" articles have a "drivers" field (Articles Field) that contains the ids of all drivers that have participated for it.

I want, on a driver article page, to use AA to show all teams that contain that driver as a field, like this
{articles category = "Teams" drivers = "this:id"} [title] {/articles}

this:id does not seem to work for this task, how could I make the two extensions compatible? Thank you!
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
I recommend you use the Articles Linked field available in the Pro version of Articles Field. It does exactly what you are looking for.
docs3.regularlabs.com/articlesfield/the-...rticles-linked-field
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Andrea Malalana's Avatar Andrea Malalana ADMIN
Your Articles Anywhere syntax is actually correct and should work. Watch the spaces though. There should be no spaces after equal signs:
{articles category="Teams" drivers="this:id"}

Also make sure that 'drivers' is the correct alias of the field
Replying to Andy, I'm using the exact syntax. the "drivers" field allows multiple articles, I'm thinking that is the problem. I know the syntax is right because other fields, of type list or text work, but not this one.

I know I could do this with the Pro Version of the Articles Field but I thought I could find a way to do it with AA only.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Try resaving the articles that have the Articles Field selections. It might be due to an old way of saving the ids in the database (solved ages ago).
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I have spoken with Andy and we think there's a bug on the site.
I'm sending you the links and explanation on how to reproduce what's going on.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Andrea Malalana's Avatar Andrea Malalana ADMIN
Found the issue. Looks like you're missing
include_child_categories="true"
in your {articles} tag, as the desired result article is in a subcategory of your specified category 🙂
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription