Snippets

Snippets vs articles anywhere

10 months 4 weeks ago #91407

Jean-Marie GROUD's Avatar Jean-Marie GROUD

English
Good morning all

I did not find specific explanations on the differences between "Snippets" and "Articles anywhere" ... 🤔
- In what situation should we use "Snippets" and "Articles anywhere"?
- Why and what are the advantages and disadvantages of each method?
Thank you in advance.

Français
Bonjour à tous

Je n'ai pas trouvé d'explications précises sur les différences entre les "Snippets" et "Articles anywhere"... 🤔
- Dans quelle situation doit-on utiliser les "Snippets" et "Articles anywhere" ?
- Pourquoi et quels sont les avantages et inconvénients de chaque méthode ?
Merci d'avance.

10 months 4 weeks ago #91409

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Snippets is a little easy tool to place predefined text snippets.
So if that is all you need (reuse some pieces of content), use Snippets.

Articles Anywhere has a whole lot more power. It shows the data, pretty much any specific data you want, from articles.
So if you want to show data based on articles, use Articles Anywhere.

10 months 4 weeks ago #91411

Jean-Marie GROUD's Avatar Jean-Marie GROUD

English
OK thank you Peter, if I understood correctly: "snippets" brings nothing more compared to "articles anywhere" apart from greater simplicity?
If I want to create reusable pieces of text in several articles, it is possible to create modules and then call them with a "Loadmodule" or "Loadposition" ...
What are the advantages or disadvantages of "snippets" and "articles anywhere" compared to the standard Joomla solution with modules?

Français
OK merci Peter, si j'ai bien compris : "snippets" n'apporte rien de plus par rapport à "articles anywhere" à part une plus grande simplicité ?
Si je désire créer des bouts de texte réutilisables dans plusieurs articles, il est possible de créer des modules puis de les appeler avec un "Loadmodule" ou "Loadposition"...
Quels sont les avantages ou désavantages des "snippets" et "articles anywhere" par rapport à la solution standards de Joomla avec les modules ?

10 months 4 weeks ago #91412

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

If I want to create reusable pieces of text in several articles, it is possible to create modules and then call them with a "Loadmodule" or "Loadposition" ...
You could potentially do that. But then you are using modules for something they are not really for.
The advantage of Snippets is also that you can use variables passed to the snippet.
And that they are stored separately from the modules or articles.

Too see all the advantages of Articles Anywhere:
Read the docs, watch the videos 🙂
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/articlesanywhere/tutorial
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/articlesanywhere/videos