Search
Other Conditional Content questions
Forum

Intro Text and Read More Available to All Users Always

Nadja's Avatar Nadja
Looking to have the intro text and read more showing up whether you are logged in or not logged in, IF you don't have the right access level for that article.

What I am talking about what happens when you login and then go to an article that you don't have permission to see. Where you have not been added to that access level.

I would hope not nothing.. because then how does the individual know what to do or why they hit a page that is blank. I thought it had or should show the intro text that is supposed to be available to everyone and the read more link/message hopefully notifying them they don't have access.

But that is exactly what is happening. If you login and then go to the page that you are not subscribed for you get the title... then nothing.

I've had this working before on Joomla. But that was awhile ago.

Wondering if this is something that Conditional Content can do and if so what would the parameters be? Basically we want people to see this if they are not supposed to have access. Not sure how to set that.

Thank you.

Warmly
Nadja
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
No, Conditional Content can't help you with that.

I recommend you ask for help on the Joomla forum:https://forum.joomla.org
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Nadja's Avatar Nadja
Thank you Peter. I was hoping. I will keep crossing my fingers I guess that someone on the forum can help.

Warmly
Nadja
Nadja's Avatar Nadja
Hi Peter,

Just wanted to let you know that Conditional Content actually can help with this. The trick is to set the access level for the individual article to registered. When you do this the intro text shows up even if this is not your access level when you are logged in but note you don't get the read more link/button. But that can easily be overcome by the if/else statement. Either show the rest of the content if you are the right access level or show a link to subscribe for access.

Just wanted to let you know. One more way that Conditional Content can expand Joomla. Otherwise if you are logged in and this particular page is not your designated access level all you see is a blank page and no way to let people know why they can't see anything.

Thank you for creating Conditional Content!

Warmly
Nadja
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription