Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Module assignments lost after j4 migration

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You have double slashes in those URLs...
landing//skl
vs
landing/skl
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thomas Venugopal's Avatar Thomas Venugopal
I don’t see double slashes. I played around but I still don’t see the module. I removed the menu assignments (they shouldn’t be there at all) and still the module doesn’t show up.
In the post you made previously, there are double slashes in the URLs you pointed me to.
Dan Atrill's Avatar Dan Atrill
Hi Peter
Are you able to share how you rectified this issue please? I had to reinstall a site and upgrade to Joomla 4.25 and got the message: "There was an issue trying to convert the Joomla 3 assignments to Joomla 4 conditions" when I updated the Advanced Module Manager
As this is a copy, I do have access to the J3 module assignments.
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
OK, I got the same error after installing that version: "There was an issue trying to convert the Joomla 3 assignments to Joomla 4 conditions."

Do I need to delete plugin / library files maybe?
Yeah, I am still looking into this and trying to figure out what it is...

More data/examples could help.
Can you give me (super) admin, (s)ftp and database (PhpMyAdmin) access so I can take a look?
And if possible have 2 setups, one J3 and one where the J3 is upgraded to J4.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
I'm really confused.

@Peter: Do you say that everything was working, and the only problem was the assignment I did? Why does it work on the live site then? And why are on the live site no double slashes? If there were really double slashes then it must come during the migration because on live everything is working and there are no double slashes.

Do you want me to deploy live to staging again so that you can test the migration again with the new dev version you provided?
There were issues in the assignments to conditions conversion. And there still are according to Dan...

But on your staging site, everything looks like it is working as it should, I think.
Please check what modules are not working as they should.

The examples you gave concerning the URL conditions are working correctly, as the URLs you are checking on have double slashes for whatever reason:
I thought you were talking about the assignment. Ok.

I won’t work with this staging, it is just a test migration. I suppose that I should wait with the final migration until these issues are resolved.
You can test if this latest dev version now works ok with your staging/migration.
If things still don't convert well, let me know…
I deployed the site again, migrated to j4, upgraded the regular lab plugins as described in the docs with the development version of the extensions. But that didn't help. Addionally there were more error messages during installing the plugins (some were empty) and there are still error messages:

Sourcerer kann daher nicht funktionieren. Das Regular Labs Library plugin ist nicht installiert.
RR_EXTENSION_CAN_NOT_FUNCTION RR_REGULAR_LABS_LIBRARY_NOT_INSTALLED
Modules Anywhere kann nicht funktionieren. Das Regular Labs Library Plugin ist nicht installiert.
AA_EXTENSION_CAN_NOT_FUNCTION AA_REGULAR_LABS_LIBRARY_NOT_INSTALLED

The extension manager isn't working at all.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Hi Peter
I did a third installation from a backup so I could upgrade J3 to J4. This time I noticed the live site was using a slightly older version of Advanced Module Manager, so I updated that first and after reinstalling RL Extension Manager the site and everything works as expected. I hope it goes as smoothly when I upgrade the live site.

So... my only outstanding issue is with having Modal working on J4. I could replace with another extension but I have 36 instances of modals being used within this site. Do you have a date when Modals will work on J4 please?

Thanks

Dan
@Dan: Ok, good to know it is working ok now.

@Thomas: It looks like you currently don't even have Advanced Module Manager installed. Or at least, not completely. And other things have gone wrong during installation too. So not much use checking modules now, as things are broken at another level.
And it looks like it is only going wrong on your specific setup for whatever reason.

I no longer seem to be able to connect to your database.
And I only have admin rights (not super admin). So again I can't really check or test things.
@Dan: I am currently working on Modals. I hope to have a version suitable for testing early next week. At least for the basic stuff. For further discussion on that, please create a new topic in the Modals forum.
Progress, but still not the expected result. I tried again and this is what happens:

1. I got less error messages when reinstalling the extensions after migrating to j4. Only Content Templater threw an error after reinstalling on j4: "There was an issue trying to convert the Joomla 3 assignments to Joomla 4 conditions."
2. But when I look at the modules theres still nearly everything wrong. Example: Module ID 298. The URL condition is "/landing/skl/" which works on j3 but not on j4.
3. The colors of the modules are also not fully migrated, only partially.
4. ReReplacer: A condition of "this category and all sub items" is converted to only "this category".

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Did you do this with the latest development versions?
Last week with the development versions. But these caused more errors. That's why I tried it again with the public releases. I can test it with the dev version again if you say that could help.
You know what's strange? When I click the Preview button in the joomla backend of an article the modules DO show up.
Yes please, try with the latest dev versions released today.

regularlabs.com/development-releases
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription