Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Assignments to conditions do not convert correctly after upgrade

Web WCW's Avatar Web WCW
Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Ok, I hope to get round to fixing this later today. Tomorrow and the day after I'll be busy traveling back home. So if not today, then Thursday 😬
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
This doesn't seem like a quick fix. So it will take a bit of time to get this working properly.
I might need to have to rewrite an entire part of the approach.

So don't expect a fixed version before Thursday. Sorry about this...
ENMU Webmaster's Avatar ENMU Webmaster
Ok sorry about that, the Joomla access should be fixed now.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Ok, think I have it all fixed 🤞🏻

Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Sarah Hayes's Avatar Sarah Hayes
Hi Peter,

Could you confirm the upgrade process please. I have tried installing the dev release on an already upgraded website and it hasn't fixed the issue.

Does the J3 dev version need to be installed on J3, prior to upgrade? Followed by installing the J4 dev version on the J4 site after upgrade? Or should the dev release have fixed the problem on the existing site?

Thank you

Sarah
Reinstalling it will not and cannot correct the incorrectly converted conditions, as the old assignment data will be gone.

What you can do is restore the _advancedmodules table to what it was before the installation of AMM.
And delete (or empty) these tables:
_conditions
_conditions_groups
_conditions_map
_conditions_rules
And then install that dev version.
Hi Peter,

With other sites, when they are upgraded, what will the upgrade process be for AMM?

Thank you
Peter
If all is now good in the latest dev release:

- On Joomla 3 update to latest Joomla 3 and latest Advanced Module Manager
- Upgrade to Joomla 4
- Reinstall Advanced Module Manager

Like described here:
docs4.regularlabs.com/advancedmodulemana...m-joomla3-to-joomla4
Hi Peter,

I have a large site upgrade to do this weekend, with several hundred modules and I don’t have the option of deferring the upgrade. Would you recommend installing the J4 dev version, so conditions are migrated correctly and then install the current J4 production version over the top. Or staying with the J4 dev version until it’s officially released, which I’m guessing will be pretty soon?

I know ideally it would be better to wait for the official release, but unfortunately put off the upgrade isn’t an option and time wise, it would be very tight to manually configure all the modules.

Thanks

Sarah
Well, first do the upgrade on a test copy of that website. If everything goes ok, you can do the same with your live website.

There should be no problem in this case of using the dev version instead of the 'stable' version, as the dev fixes something.
Thanks Peter.

Yes the upgrade will take place on my local dev system anyway.
Web WCW's Avatar Web WCW
We've just finished testing a new test instance and can confirm that the latest dev version seems to successfully convert all menu assignments into conditions. (this was with 9.1.3PRO-dev2335180)

Nice work!

Looking forward to having this fix be official.

That being said, I did find a bug (seemingly unrelated to the conversion process), so I'll open a new thread for that.
I hope to release the new version within a few days... after I fix the other bug you found 😁
Hi Peter,

I’ve tested the dev version and it worked perfectly.

Thank you

Sarah
So far it looks great, thank you so much for getting that fix out! Love working with a company/developer who is super responsive. You do great work!
My pleasure.
Thanks for testing the dev version...
Thank you so much for that fix, it is working pretty well but I have noticed one problem so far. It does not seem to be converting the "Page Type" check boxes under Matching Method Categories. So even though the correct categories are checked it still isn't showing up because the box "Categories" or "Article" are not being checked.

Let me know if you need anything from me while you work on that.

Thanks,
David
This should be fixed in latest dev version:
regularlabs.com/development-releases

Of course, if you want to test this, you'll have to undo the whole conversion as described before:
regularlabs.com/forum/advancedmodulemana...rade?start=20#101835
Hey Peter,

I just had a chance to do the upgrade process again and I'm still having the same issue with "Page Type" check boxes not coming over into conditions.

This is a full re-upgrade starting with a Joomla 3 install and upgrading. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks,
David
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription