Search
Other Tooltips questions
Forum

Tooltips don't display quotes except tags

Sergey's Avatar Sergey
An example,
{tip content="... called "La Cibeles". We will ...
<div align="right">Hugs from Miguel</div>"}
"La Cibeles" - this stops the tooltip. It means that after "called" nothing is displayed, however, there is also
<div align="right"> - and this doesn't stop the tooltip. (if we fix "La Cibeles" on „La Cibeles” for example)
So, quotes are working when they are with tags.
Can Tooltips be improved? It already can ignore quotes, it looks like it can be improved.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You wil need to escape the quotes like:
{tip content="... \"La Cibeles\" ..."}
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Sergey's Avatar Sergey
It's a solution for only one specific problem that I described, right?
Now imagine around 30 large books, how do I find them all? How much time to reread them, what do you think?
This is the solution to solve the quotes inside the content. There is no Regular Expressions I can give you to solve this via DB Replacer.

If Tooltips doesn't work for you in the way it works, you will probably need to search for a different extension/solution.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Sergey's Avatar Sergey
If Tooltips doesn't work for you in the way it works, you will probably need to search for a different extension/solution.
Okay, now who is "semi-agressive"... (rhetorical)
I opened this topic specifically to ask if there is a room for improvement because I'm sure there is, with no ill intention.
But I still haven't received an answer.
Just to confirm, please tell me that you cannot do anything to make quotes work like you did with tags?
As for Tooltips, finally they work as they should. Because J3 version was not very good, I got bugfix from Joomla team for it after several years!, but when they found out that it was for your product, they immediately stopped helping - I'm very curious to know why, by the way.