Joomla4

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

Joomla4 - Modals

Han Kortekaas's Avatar Han Kortekaas
In the migration to joomla 4 I encounter a problem; under Joomla 3 / modals I could write {modal 73-Pop-up/215-popup-sitemap}Sitemap{/modal} but in the modals joomla4 it doesn't work any more. Do I have to buy the pro version?
Han Kortekaas
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
See the documentation on the syntax:
docs4.regularlabs.com/modals
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Of course I have studied the documentation since on several places you are asking to do so. Your time is precious, I understand.

The only solution I see is to write {modal url="17-pop-up/99-pop-up-sjablonen"}Sjablonen{/modal}, thus category ID + name/ article ID + name.
And that does not work.

Since I have used your modal about 600 times in my website I'm quite anxious to see the right solution.
You indeed need the url="..." attribute syntax.

If the article is not opening, then the URL to your article is not correct.
That is not an issue with Modals but with the URL you gave it.
So open the article in the frontend to see what the correct URL is. Or use Better Frontend Link to open the article directly from your administrator:
regularlabs.com/betterfrontendlink

If you need further help or support, please purchase a subscription.
Ik heb dus nu een abonnement aangeschaft om eigenlijk een simpel antwoord te krijgen op de vraag hoe ik van de schrijfwijze van modals onder joomla 3, die voorheen
{modal 73-Pop-up/215-popup-sitemap}Sitemap{/modal}
die onder joomla 4 een URL zou moeten krijgen. Prima. Het URL voorbeeld in de Documentatie 4 is fout, want die heeft op een verkeerde plek de sluiting van de modal-string.
Onder joomla 4 probeer ik
{modal url="catid=17&articleid=99"}Sjablonen{/modal} want bij het herschrijven naar Joomla 4 zijn de id's gewijzigd.

Het bovenstaande URL werkt niet en de ID's zijn correct.

Hoe moet ik de URL schrijven?
Please keep the forum in English.

Seeing you have the Pro version now anyway, you can use the article="" attribute instead. So no need to figure out the url to the article.
See: docs4.regularlabs.com/modals/content/articles#quick-links
As you wish.
After a rather difficult system of updating I found that the PRO modal has a failure, probably reason why my original tests also didn't work.

Applying the Modal button I found that the wrong ID is shown in the selected; in my case 98, whereas the listing of the article shows 99.
The button 'Invoegen' / 'Apply' fails to insert the code, may be because of a mismatch??

Regretfully I can't attach images to give you evidence.
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me where I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Hereby the requested information. After a while I found that using the Title of an article the modal works, however it fails to show the styling of a true pop-up. Settings of modal are correct. (in my opinion)
Confidential information:
(hidden)
The popup shows both articles with ID 98 and 99.
The article with ID 98 is trashed. So I will look into fixing it so that it does not show trashed items.

Other than that, Modals is working as it should.

Regarding the styling of the popup, see the documentation:
docs4.regularlabs.com/modals/faqs/troubl...-the-correct-styling

So the styling is down to your template (the styling of the component subtemplate).
So I will look into fixing it so that it does not show trashed items.
That should be fixed now in the latest development version:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
The Modals now also works fine on ID nr, which is very easy for the number of changes I need to make.

However, what I understand is that you wont do nothing about the styling and refer me to the template builder, i.e. Maarten Blokdijk , author of the template KickstartCassiopeia.

I suspect this is going to be a classic example of two professional software developers pointing fingers at each other with an (amateur) client in between.
Go to the url of any article and add this to the end of the URL:
&tmpl=component
For instance:
index.php?view=article&id=109&catid=17&tmpl=component

Then you'll see what the 'component' subtemplate styling looks like using that template.
That has nothing to do with Modals itself.
I'm so sorry, it has no effect.
I've applied {modal url="index.php?view=article&id=109&catid=17&tmpl=component"}Vergevorderden{/modal}
and it shows the article, but not as a pop-up window.

I have received an answer from Maarten Blokdijk
I see that there is a styling in the page that I cannot override. so I'm afraid I can't help you further. The modals are shown 100% wide, which is something Peter can set, I think. I have never used this plugin.
I've applied {modal url="index.php?view=article&id=109&catid=17&tmpl=component"}Vergevorderden{/modal}

This is NOT wat i!meant wat all.
I meant: open that url in the browser directly. So nog using Modals. Then you will see that that styling is down to the template and has nothing to do with Modals.

Ask the template developer to provide styling for the "component" subtemplate.
Maarten answered
I made the layout module, I am not a template developer in this. the template is the standard Joomla template
If Maarten is not the template developer, then ask the person who is.
This is a template/styling issue.
there is none template developer, like Maarten said, the standard template of Joomla 4 is being used.

I have tried a template "Shaper_helixultimate gegevens en bestanden" but this is no longer active. I cannot remove this because of a warning "Kan de laatste stijl van een template niet verwijderen.".
If I understand you correctly, you want to have the content inside the modal styled the same as the content on the site.

Looking deeper into the styling on your site, you (or Maarten) have styled the entire site by placing inline CSS in a module or wherever to override the main CSS file.
This is NOT the way to style a template. And it causes the inline CSS to only get loaded in pages that include that inline styling.

Again, the styling of the content inside the modal is down to the template and not down to Modals itself.

If you (or Maarten) do not know how to properly style a Joomla template/website, then please hire someone who does.
I have disabled the module KickStart and therefore am using now the standard template of Joomla4. Modals does not work and still places the article over the full width. No pop-up.
You can only post on this forum if you log in