Search
Other Modals questions
Forum

Popup for opt-out-box code

Dr. Christian Thomas Jirik's Avatar Dr. Christian Thomas Jirik
I want to use modals to open a popup with a Matomo opt-out-box inside: {matomo_opt_out}

Therefore I want to put the modal code into a text link, because in the text unfortunately I cannot bind in the opt-out-box. The placeholder is deleted from the module I am using.

So could you please tell me how I can define a modal with the box code {matomo_opt_out} inside and put the modal code into a text link to open the popup?

By the way, is there anywhere an example page and a documentation for the modals plugin? It seems to be very powerful.

Thank you in advance,
Chris
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
See here for the documentation:
docs3.regularlabs.com/modals
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Could you please be a little more precise? I do not consult you very much, therefore I would appreciate your help in detail. Thanks!
Well, I though now you know where the documentation is, you can find out all the possibilities.

I assume the {matomo_opt_out} thing is a content plugin tag that creates some form you want.

You could see if you can use the inline content option of Modals.
docs3.regularlabs.com/modals/content/inline-content
Or place that tag in a new article, and simply open that article through Modals.
Peter, I know the documentation, but I do not understand exactly where to place the placeholder {matomo_opt_out}, where and with which statement to place the modal, and what to write in the text where to open it.

In your examples there is only the result and one statement, but I cannot find the main priciple what must be placed where. Don´t forget, it´s a very powerful tool, but if you are a user who did never made this before, it´s not easy to "find the forest for the trees".

Please be patient and help me with that.

Cheers,
Chris
I have no clue what the {matomo_opt_out} is.
Is this a Joomla plugin? Is that a tag you can place in an article?
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription