Search
Other IP Login questions
Forum

IP Login bulk email

Dr. Christian Thomas Jirik's Avatar Dr. Christian Thomas Jirik
Do not exactly understand the usage of IO Login. I understand what it´s doing, but not exactly how to use it.
How can I send a user a code which he can use for your login? Must I activate something in the IP Login tab of the user? What format must the link have for the login.

Is it possible to send more than one user such a key, so that they can login only with a link?
That would be very interesting for me because at the beginning of an online event I could send links to the registrants so that they have not a problem with forgotten user or password.

Please help me with that.

Cheers,
Chris
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
For every user you need to create a secret key and enter the IP address(es) or range(s) they are allowed to use.
There is no bulk option for this.

You can use the same key for different users, but if you would also use the same IP address in the settings (IP Login tab), then it would log in the first user it can find with that combination.
What format must the link have for the login.
Read the documentation:
docs3.regularlabs.com/iplogin/tutorial/how-to-use-it
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I tried this exactly on my own page like in the documentation, but the login did´nt work.
And if I send a link to another person , however should I know his IP address?
So I guess this extension is not what you are looking for.
Would you please answer in detail:
"I tried this exactly on my own page like in the documentation, but the login did´nt work."
Not sure. I would need to investigate.

But does it matter? As you are looking for a way to send your users a link in bulk for them to be able to log in directly, regardless of their IP address.
Well, that is not what IP Login is designed to do.
So shouldn't you be looking for a different solution/extension that does do what you are looking for?
Please stop discussing and give me a professional answer. Thank you.
If it would not matter, I would not ask you.
I want to use it for single user to send them a link, which are not able to register with the login form.
Wow, someone got out of bed at the wrong time!

I am trying to help you based on the information you gave.
I want to use it for single user to send them a link, which are not able to register with the login form.
So for IP Login to be useful to you, you would need to know what IP address they are using, and they would only be able to log in via that IP address (or range) via the URL with the secret key you set up in their user account (IP Login tab).
however should I know his IP address?
Going by that, I assumed that you do NOT know the IP address.
but the login didn't work.
So, if you still think this is relevant, I would need to investigate.
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what user account you set up IP Login.
Also tell me what IP address you see mentioned in the information message in the IP Login tab.
And via what URL you are trying to auto-login (so the URL including the secret key).
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Please refrain from such unprofessional statements as "Wow, someone got out of bed at the wrong time!". This is anything but appropriate. Please just answer my questions, as I am entitled to do as a livetime customer.

Do I need to know the IP address of the user who wants to log in using the shortcode, or not? All I want is to be able to send individual users a link that they can use to log into my site directly. Do I have to enter an IP address for this, and if so, which one, the user's or my own? Thanks in advance for a factual and non-polemical answer.

Best regards,
Christian Jirik
Please refrain from such unprofessional statements
Excuse me, but you started!

Like I explained a couple of times now, with IP Login you DO need the IP address.
It logs in with a combination of the IP address and the secret key.
Heck, the word 'IP' is even in the name of the extension and it is clearly explained in the documentation.
Do I need to know the IP address of the user who wants to log in using the shortcode, or not?
So again: YES
Do I have to enter an IP address for this, and if so, which one, the user's or my own?
The IP address of the visitor (as explained in the documentation).

So again: I do not think IP Login is the extension that fits your needs.

PS: Even though you have a lifetime subscription, you have no right to tell me what to do or how to do it.
If you feel you bought the right to do that with your lifetime subscription, then I'll find a way to pay you the money back and we part ways.
Mr. van Westen,

1. I didn´t "start" nothing, I only begged you for a professional and unpolemic answer. And that´s all I want for the future, if I have a question.
2. No, I will not cancel my lifetime subscription. I use some plugins on my site, and it would be a financial damage for me to remove it. Therefore I don´t think about cancel my lifetime subscription.
3. I do not have the right, to tell you what to do, but I have the right to ask you and to get an appropriate answer to my questions.

So, all I think we have to do in the future is to show appreciation for each others. Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
Christian Jirik
Yes, like the professional and accurate answer I gave you in the very first reply... and the second... and the third...
Self-perception and external perception are often different things ...
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription