Search
Other Email Protector questions
Forum

Email Protector 5.0.0 Dev for Joomla 4

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The reason is that you have placed {emailcloak=off} on the page. This seems to be part of the acymailing form.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Marc's Avatar Marc
Gosh. More than 10 years playing with Joomla... and only now I discover that Acymailing interfeers with cloaking...
Txs for that and sorry for bothering you with this also.
I investigate further.
Ok... So I think Email Protector is ready to release for Joomla 4... I'll do that shortly.
Dirk67's Avatar Dirk67
hello,
I know that I can not expect support for E-Mail-Protector 5.0.0 free (under Joomla! 3.10.11)
but I was so careless and simply triggered the update process (without prior backup),
and now nothing works* (the e-mail addresses disappear completely / are no longer displayed).
How can I reinstall the old version ?

*the generated htm source is like:
<div itemprop="articleBody">
		<p>in dieser Zeile steht am Ende eine E-Mail Addresse: <!-- Diese E-Mail Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt. --><a href="javascript:/* Diese E-Mail Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt.*/"><span class="cloaked_email ep_47552b57"><span data-ep-a4a1e="dbo" data-ep-b68bb="com"><span data-ep-a4a1e="esc" data-ep-b68bb="il."><span data-ep-b68bb="gma" data-ep-a4a1e="he@"></span></span></span></span><script>emailProtector.addCloakedMailto("ep_47552b57");</script><span class="cloaked_email ep_8fd92465" style="display:none;"><span data-ep-b68bb="com" data-ep-a4a1e="dbo"><span data-ep-b68bb="il." data-ep-a4a1e="esc"><span data-ep-a4a1e="he@" data-ep-b68bb="gma"></span></span></span></span></a><script>emailProtector.addCloakedMailto("ep_8fd92465", true);</script></p> 	</div>
Schmakowski, Boris's Avatar Schmakowski, Boris
Hi Peter,

I am using this thread, as I think it might be the same issue ... within Joomla 3.
In most circumstances the mail-adress is not vissible anymore.
To me it looks like, when the linkend mail-adresse stand for it's own within a tag,
then it will take display:none .. not so, when the protected part is part of more text, like within a p-tag.
Hope this makes sense somehow. Please see attached screenshots.

As I have to go online wit this project soon, I am jumping back to 4.8.0.
So no SuperAdmin and/or SFTP sensefull ...

Tested on Joomla 3.10.11 / PHP 8.1.4 / Regular Labs - Extension Manager 8.2.3 / Email Protector PRO 5.0.0
I know, Joomla 3 is running out of ... but it made sense on this certain project to use it ..

Confidential information:
(hidden)
I'm looking into this...
Many Thanks for that!
And yes, just before somebody is asking, I tried several times ... including deinstall everything and rebuilding it ... 😉
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
YES! EmailProtector-v5.0.1-dev2586436-PRO is solving the issue ... many thanks for fast working on that!
The new version has been released.
Marc's Avatar Marc
Coming back to Acymailing and {emailcloak=off} : actually the issue only arises when users are logged in... bc there the email of the logged in user is shown. But for Guests cloaking works fine.

In my case, since the website is offline, the only way to test the website was... to log in. Hence the appearance of the issue.

So a long story short : everything is fine 🙂
Ok, thanks for letting me know 🙂
Marc's Avatar Marc
Hi Peter.
FYI on PHP8.1:
Deprecated: preg_split(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($limit) of type int is deprecated in /home/_______/plugins/system/emailprotector/src/Emails.php on line 221
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Marc's Avatar Marc
4 minutes for a new Dev Release. You are on steroids 😁
I do confirm that there is no Deprecated msg any more 🙂
Txs again
The new version has been released.
Sorry for the wait 😜
Nick Sibbing's Avatar Nick Sibbing
Hello I just wanted to report a possible bug with the Email protector. It seems to knock out the alignment of my icons.

Currently installed on joomla.asn.au in the footer
You have a <p> tag around your email address, which caused an offset, because of your CSS styling on P elements.
Nick Sibbing's Avatar Nick Sibbing
Oh! That's easy to fix. Awesome! Thanks Peter.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription