[SOLVED] Conditions Rule Types List not...

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

[SOLVED] Conditions Rule Types List not populating in any extensions

Patrick Jackson's Avatar Patrick Jackson
TLDR Solution: Turn on the Joomla 5 "Behaviour - Backward Compatibility" plugin to restore the dropdown functionality.

Peter,

The Rules List to apply conditions is not populating on all Regular Labs Components on my site.

The dropdown is empty when I go to create a new condition:

While for existing conditions the setting is displayed but it's not creating the dropdown list or translating the language strings:

Site has some recent history though:
* Very old Joomla 3 site with lots of extensions removed before a Joomla 4 upgrade straight to 4.4.1
* In quick succession development site then upgraded to 5.1.1
* Unsure of whether issue was occurring in J4 before going to J5.

Version:
* Joomla 5.1.1
* Regular Labs Conditions: 24.6.3904

Let me know any additional information you need.

Workaround at the moment is to look at the values in another site to work out what the string is for a particular setting type.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Patrick Jackson's Avatar Patrick Jackson
Peter,

I had the Joomla 5 "Behaviour - Backward Compatibility" plugin unpublished on the site.

I've now turned that on to resolve an issue with another component, and checked this issue to find that turning on the plugin has now resolved the issue with the dropdowns for the conditions.

Patrick
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
I don't think the Regular Labs Conditions extension needs the Backward Compatibility plugin enabled to function.
So I guess you have a component that is causing things to fail when that plugin is not enabled.

Happy you have it all working now.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in