Server error 500 in Regular Labs Library

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Server error 500 in Regular Labs Library

Stefan Schoch's Avatar Stefan Schoch
Hi there,

on my 5.01 site, I get an error:
Sorry, there was a problem we could not recover from.
The server returned a "500 - Whoops, looks like something went wrong."
when trying to edit some menu entries.
I can add a new entry, save it, it will work fine from the frontend.
When trying to edit the same entry again - boom.

I can trace down the error to the RL-library: when I deactivate it, menu editing is fine, reactivated again, not.

This is what the log-file looks like:

2023-12-04T16:18:54+00:00 CRITICAL 91.5.151.112 error Uncaught Throwable of type TypeError thrown with message "RegularLabs\Library\Uri::getParameter(): Return value must be of type string, array returned". Stack trace: #0 [ROOT]/administrator/modules/mod_betterfrontendlink/src/Helper.php(96): RegularLabs\Library\Uri::getParameter()
#1 [ROOT]/administrator/modules/mod_betterfrontendlink/src/Button.php(52): RegularLabs\Module\BetterFrontendLink\Administrator\Helper::setItemId()
#2 [ROOT]/administrator/modules/mod_betterfrontendlink/mod_betterfrontendlink.php(44): RegularLabs\Module\BetterFrontendLink\Administrator\Button::render()
#3 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php(52): include('...')
#4 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php(55): Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()
#5 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php(291): Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher->dispatch()
#6 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php(162): Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderRawModule()
#7 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Document/Renderer/Html/ModuleRenderer.php(99): Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderModule()
#8 [ROOT]/administrator/templates/atum/html/layouts/status.php(27): Joomla\CMS\Document\Renderer\Html\ModuleRenderer->render()
#9 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php(128): include('...')
#10 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Layout/LayoutHelper.php(76): Joomla\CMS\Layout\FileLayout->render()
#11 [ROOT]/administrator/templates/atum/index.php(99): Joomla\CMS\Layout\LayoutHelper::render()
#12 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php(731): require('...')
#13 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php(785): Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->_loadTemplate()
#14 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php(622): Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->_fetchTemplate()
#15 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php(1057): Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->parse()
#16 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php(434): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->render()
#17 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php(311): Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->render()
#18 [ROOT]/administrator/includes/app.php(58): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()
#19 [ROOT]/administrator/index.php(32): require_once('...')
#20 {main}

I hope, that helps.
Thank you for your great products and generous free versions!! 🙏

Stefan
Edit:
I just deactivated only the 'better frontend-link' plugin in the backend - error gone.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Does the job!

Thank you so much, your work and effort is really appreciated!
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Ok, great 🙂
The fix will be included in the next release.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in