PHP error after upgrading

Claudio Romeo's Avatar Claudio Romeo
Hi.
Ten minutes ago I upgraded three among
* Regular Labs - Conditional Content
* Regular Labs - Content Templater
* Regular Labs - Modals
* Regular Labs - Sourcerer
One has been upgraded days ago, but I don't remember which one...
Now on the frontend I get a blank page with an error message:

0 - RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Helper\Convert::prepareSelection(): Argument #2 ($params) must be of type object, array given, called in /var/www/vhosts/marcofioretti.it/subdomains/alter/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Helper/Convert.php on line 42

What can I do?
Peter Wouda's Avatar Peter Wouda
Same here on some website. One website had a conditional content item in an article that caused the problem. Removing the content fixed the broken link.

Stack trace:
Call Stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Helper/Convert.php:472
2 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Helper\Convert::prepareSelection() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Helper/Convert.php:42
3 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Helper\Convert::addRule() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Helper/Convert.php:304
4 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Helper\Convert::addRuleOtherUrl() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Helper/Convert.php:664
5 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Helper\Convert::setRuleOnGroupByKey() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Helper/Convert.php:684
6 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Helper\Convert::setRulesOnGroup() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Helper/Convert.php:400
7 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Helper\Convert::createGroups() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Helper/Convert.php:81
8 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Helper\Convert::fromObject() JROOT/administrator/components/com_conditions/src/Api/Conditions.php:91
9 RegularLabs\Component\Conditions\Administrator\Api\Conditions->setConditionByAttributes() JROOT/plugins/system/conditionalcontent/src/Replace.php:181
10 RegularLabs\Plugin\System\ConditionalContent\Replace::hasAccess() JROOT/plugins/system/conditionalcontent/src/Replace.php:111
11 RegularLabs\Plugin\System\ConditionalContent\Replace::getContent() JROOT/plugins/system/conditionalcontent/src/Replace.php:189
12 RegularLabs\Plugin\System\ConditionalContent\Replace::replaceTag() JROOT/plugins/system/conditionalcontent/src/Replace.php:91
13 RegularLabs\Plugin\System\ConditionalContent\Replace::replaceTags() JROOT/plugins/system/conditionalcontent/conditionalcontent.php:86
14 PlgSystemConditionalContent->processArticle()
15 call_user_func_array() JROOT/libraries/regularlabs/src/Article.php:331
16 RegularLabs\Library\Article::processText() JROOT/libraries/regularlabs/src/Article.php:291
17 RegularLabs\Library\Article::process() JROOT/libraries/regularlabs/src/SystemPlugin.php:255
18 RegularLabs\Library\SystemPlugin->onContentPrepare() JROOT/libraries/src/Plugin/CMSPlugin.php:289
19 Joomla\CMS\Plugin\CMSPlugin->Joomla\CMS\Plugin\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/event/src/Dispatcher.php:454
20 Joomla\Event\Dispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/components/com_content/src/View/Article/HtmlView.php:237
21 Joomla\Component\Content\Site\View\Article\HtmlView->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:697
22 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/components/com_content/src/Controller/DisplayController.php:122
23 Joomla\Component\Content\Site\Controller\DisplayController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:730
24 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:143
25 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/components/com_content/src/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php:56
26 Joomla\Component\Content\Site\Dispatcher\Dispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
27 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:218
28 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:261
29 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:306
30 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/includes/app.php:58
31 require_once() JROOT/index.php:32
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
(either Conditional Content or Content Templater)
Peter Wouda's Avatar Peter Wouda
Development release of Conditional Content works fine!
Ok, great 🙂
I will release the fixed version later today...
Claudio Romeo's Avatar Claudio Romeo
Conditional Content Dev is OK for me too
The new version has been released.
gunawan's Avatar gunawan
I wonder if the developer monitors his php error log. There seems to be many php related errors. One fix leads to another error, please QA thoroughly before release. Thanks.
Thanks for the feedback. You've made your point (also in the other thread).

There were indeed some errors that were the result of changing (a lot of) code to make it future proof (PHP 8+).
When bugs arise, I try to fix them asap, and not wait for weeks before releasing new versions (like other devs).

If this bugs you too much: don't update and if you do: first update on a test environment (which you should always do anyway). Or: find other non-Regular Labs extensions to solve your needs.
gunawan's Avatar gunawan
Thank you for your reply and thank you for the excellent product. I'll stick with the product. I am too lazy to find other products, and not sure whether other products will be better than yours.
You can only post on this forum if you log in