DBReplacer no longer working

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

DBReplacer no longer working

Basil Clarke's Avatar Basil Clarke
I've used DBReplacer free version successfully many times, but today I ticked the box to disable the second warning before replacing data, and since then the extension hasn't been working.

When I run a search for a particular substring, it finds instances and shows replacements normally. The Replace button displays correctly (green) but clicking on it does nothing.

I've tried uninstalling from within Regular Labs Extension Manager and then reinstalling. I've emptied the administrator cache. But it hasn't made any difference.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Does it work if you switch that option back on?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thanks for the quick reply.

The strange thing is that when I looked in Options, that option was set to Yes when ticking the box should presumably have changed it to No.

Where is the option stored? In the extensions table? I looked in there but there were no parameters stored there.
Sorry, didn't really answer the question. No, still not working.
I tried in rnother browser (Firefox rather than Firefox Developer Edition) and it now works. I'll try closing the original browser and see it that does the trick.
I closed down Firefox Developer Edition and relaunched, and DBReplacer is working again. I wonder if Firefox was hiding the pop-up that asks if I'm sure?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Could be. Happy you have it working again.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in