Modals

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Modals

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
The dev version (and the next stable release) of Keyboard Shortcuts should not have that issue anymore.
I'll probably release it tomorrow.
Dev version available from: regularlabs.com/development-releases

Pretty much any plugin and any code will have some kind of performance hit.
Stuff needs to be executed by the server and HTML needs to be rendered. So every added step in the process takes extra added time.
If that is microseconds or more, depends on all sorts of factors.
That means that you can't really benchmark stuff. It all depends on a lot of different things.
Stuff like: server specs (CPU, memory, PHP version, etc), combination with other extensions, template, how/where and how often you use it on a single page, what type/method of caching you use, etc, etc.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
chris worthen's Avatar chris worthen
Thanks!
I understand that they all have an effect, just curious because seems that running regex on an entire page would be a little heavy. Obviously, not anything wrong with your code as its awesome, its something that cant be avoided so figured id ask.

I also realize that you cache the pages which helps.

On a side note related to this, when Im using your modals plugin on articles, it seems to cache the URLs for the modal, and when the content is rendered on a page that has multiple modals, it seems to re-render the same url if there are a lot of different modals. Am I correct in this that its cached?
If so, is there a way I can remove the caching on the urls?
Confidential information:
(hidden)

I have modals turned off, I can enable if you need to see more.

Thanks Peter!
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
On a side note related to this, when Im using your modals plugin on articles, it seems to cache the URLs for the modal, and when the content is rendered on a page that has multiple modals, it seems to re-render the same url if there are a lot of different modals. Am I correct in this that its cached?
If so, is there a way I can remove the caching on the urls?
I am not sure what you mean by all this.
What URLs is it caching? Modals itself does not cache anything.
The URL you gave, gives a 403 Forbidden error.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in