AMM Free not respecting com_modules permissions,...

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

AMM Free not respecting com_modules permissions, dev version not installing correctly

Crystal Dionysopoulos's Avatar Crystal Dionysopoulos
Hey Peter! I hope you're well.

I have an issue with a user group not being able to access com_advancedmodules despite having the correct permissions in com_modules. I get this error and call stack:
An error has occurred.
403 You don't have permission to access this. Please contact a website administrator if this is incorrect.
Call stack
#	Function	Location
1	()	JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:101
2	Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->checkAccess()	JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:115
3	Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:389
4	Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
5	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
6	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:278
7	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()	JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:63
8	require_once()	JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

I saw that in the dev version (v9.2.1-dev2410890) this is supposed to be fixed, so I tried to install it. Most of it has seemed to go okay, but got this error after installation along with the usual success messages:
Joomla\CMS\Filesystem\Folder::delete: Path is not a folder. Path: [ROOT]/media/regularlabs

I am still having issues with the permissions not working in the dev version, though other things have been fixed successfully.

For reference, this is a former J3 site which has been updated to J4 and is currently running 4.1.5 on PHP 8.0.8.

Thanks! Let me know if you need any other info.

Have a great day,
Crystal Dionysopoulos
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Hi Crystal,

Hope you and the family are well too!

I am currently working on a new way of packaging the extensions (installer script thing).
That should also deal with the /media/regularlabs path not found warning.

The permissions thing should be fixed now...
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Yup that fixed the permissions issue! Thanks, really appreciate it 🙂
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Thanks for the report and quick testing!

I'll release the new version soon... as soon as I have this new packager thing sorted (hopefully within a couple of days)
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
No worries!! Thank you!
You can only post on this forum if you log in