Tabs

Search
Other Bug Reports questions
Forum

Tabs - Joomla 4 - code proposal

Veekee's Avatar Veekee
Hello everyone

Having no active subscription, I cannot post that information in any other forum here 🙁

For your information, I managed to fix Joomla 4 compatibility for the Tabs extension.

You can find on GitHub the updated files:
- github.com/VeekeeFr/joomla-tabs/commit/9...6d3dcf3aa4d6d0c3255a

"Release" link: github.com/VeekeeFr/joomla-tabs/releases/tag/8.2.2.1

Note: I'm using only 2 extensions (free versions), so I did not check for issues on all extensions.

I can understand that the scheduled roadmap is not reached and that RegularLabs may want to rewrite some code instead of "just" fixing the compatibility... but as I'm currently analysing all components from my website before J4 upgrade, I thought others could be interested by that work...
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Thanks for your work on this. I am sure others can benefit.

I am still on schedule for the remaining extensions for Joomla 4, which are planned to be released before the year ends.

Tabs for Joomla 3 relies on jQuery and uses Bootstrap 2. It will usually work with templates using Bootstrap 3. But it has real issues when used on templates using Bootstrap 4 or 5. Pretty much incompatible.

Tabs for Joomla 4 will be a complete rewrite. It will not use jQuery or Bootstrap. No reliance on 3rd party libraries.
Also it will be combined with Sliders into a single extension.
Which will make it possible and smooth to have it as tabs on wide screen and as sliders (accordions) on narrow screens.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Veekee's Avatar Veekee
Thanks for your answer... this explains why the updated extension won't be ready for some time 🙂

I'll try to update my fork to meet my needs (and I'll reinstall your proper version when it'll be ready 🙂.
You can only post on this forum if you log in