Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

geolocating by countries is not working

sasa's Avatar sasa
Greetings,
I have pro version of advanced module, and I have installed and activated GEO IP plugin(created MaxMind account and license, synched and downloaded latest database)
I would like one module to be shown when accessing page from Croatia, and another if accessing from other countries.
So I created CRO module with ANY setting and put INCLUDE Croatia.... and then created WORLD module with ANY setting and put EXCLUDE Croatia.
When I publish, both modules are visible. I checked my IP ADDRESS at www.maxmind.com/en/home ... and it connected the IP address to Croatia...so I guess now my WORLD module shoud be hidden, but it is visible.
*I cleared joomla and browser cache.
Please if you can help me...if I've missed something.
Thanks.
Sasa
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Do any of the other assignments/conditions work (apart from the Menu Item conditions)?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
sasa's Avatar sasa
Greetings,
I checked, and no condition is working. When I sign to NOT SHOW on menu items... it still shows.
I updated extension and Joomla to newest version ( i use latest Joomla 3 version)
Thanks for helping.
Sincerely
Sasa
That probably means that your template is causing a conflict. Are you using a template that has a template framework? That could override everything Advanced Module Manager is trying to do.
sasa's Avatar sasa
Hello Peter,
I'm using balbooa gridbox plugin and it has its own template framework. Can you help me with suggestion on how to investigate if there/and where are the conflicts, so I try to fix it... since I really need your geolocating feature used on a site 🙂
Greetings,
Sasa
Probably you won't be able to use Advanced Module Manager in combination with your template.
I recommend you ask the template devs about this.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription