Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Would like to turn off display of Joomla component on some subcategory pages

Sean Carney's Avatar Sean Carney
I am wondering if there is a way with the Advanced Module Manager to turn off the display of the joomla component on certain subcategory pages. I want to instead fill those pages with a bunch of RAXO All-Pro, and other modules.

For example, on this page there are seven articles being displayed using standard Joomla component.

I would like to not have those articles display but place other modules in that space.

I am not sure if the Joomla component counts as a module that can be turned off on particular subcategories.

I know that I set the Joomla articles for blog layouts to not display anything but if I do that a message is displayed by the component that there are no articles.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Somehow, I suspect your software can do this.

Sean
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Advanced Module Manager can only control modules. The component area is not a module.

You could create a custom template override for the component that will output a module position when it is empty.
I recommend you ask on the Joomla forum for help on that.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You might be able to get this to work by using a language string override as well.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Sean Carney's Avatar Sean Carney
Thank you very much for those ideas and suggestions. Much appreciated. 🙂
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription