Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

There was an issue trying to convert the Joomla 3 assignments to Joomla 4 conditions

Dan Atrill's Avatar Dan Atrill
Upgraded to AMM v9.5.4 on Joomla 4.2.5 as it showed as an available update and it shows the message:

"There was an issue trying to convert the Joomla 3 assignments to Joomla 4 conditions."

However, the J3 assignments had already been updated by the previous version.

My site looks OK, so it's just the message that appears to be giving wrong information.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Do you get the message again when you try to reinstall that version?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Same message when I reinstalled from /administrator/index.php?option=com_regularlabsmanager
So seems there still seem to be remnants from the J3 installation in the database, which triggers the conversion scripts again.

Can you give me (super) admin, (s)ftp and database (PhpMyAdmin) access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Confidential information:
(hidden)
Ok, finally found the cause of the issue.
The saving of the conditions failed when the name/alias was too long for the database field.
And you have some really long module names, resulting in Condition names like:
For Module: Training Top 2021 (Pre-Clinical Course in Couple & Individual Counselling & Psychotherapy)

This is fixed now. Names and aliases will get truncated to the maximum length.

It is fixed on your setup and in the latest development release on:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Hi Peter

That's great news, thank you for looking. I have another site to upgrade so will check it works on there too.

Many thanks

Dan
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription