Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

After installing the AMM all links load in home page

Steve Richter's Avatar Steve Richter
I am running a fresh install of Joomla 4 (latest edition) and yesterday installed the pro version of AMM. Before I installed the Advanced Module Manager Articles and modules showed up properly when clicking on a menu link. After installing the AMM, all clicked menu items load inside the home page. When I click on the module tab for the module on the back end, the new "category" field on the right is blank, and when I click on it to select a category, there are none to choose from, and it won't accept input from the keyboard to type on in.

I have tried many settings under the conditions tab to no avail. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Steve
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Have you tried re-installing Advanced Module Manager?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thank you Peter. I just now did that. No change 🙁
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
And tell me on what url I can see/reproduce the issue.
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
I've been playing with it and finally figured it out. Sorry to take your time, but thank you for the incredibly rapid response! -Steve
Ok, happy you figured it out 🙂
Marc F's Avatar Marc F
I'm running into a similar issue and am unable to resolve it. Joomla 4 with the latest version of Regular Labs. I've installed/uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared the cache, etc. When AMM is enabled, all modules load on the homepage.

Additionally, on the backend Administrator interface when viewing the Modules list, there is no option to "Select Menu Item". Choosing an individual Module similarly does not allow one to select a specific page to display the module without going through a long labyrinth of options in the "Conditions" system. Please see Admin login credentials below: Thanks in advance.
Confidential information:
(hidden)
When installing Advanced Module Manager - or when upgrading from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 - all assignments should get converted to conditions.
If this is not happening for you, then something went wrong during the installation process.

Was this a new installation of Advanced Module Manager on a Joomla 4 site? Or an upgrade from Joomla 3 to 4 that was already using Advanced Module Manager?

Regarding the 'labyrinth':
The whole idea and power behind Advanced Module Manager is that you are not just limited to the menu item assignments Joomla core offers.
Instead you can create Condition Sets, using a multitude of different types of Condition Rules in a multitude of different combinations.
This indeed requires a few more steps than simply selecting an option from a single select field.

If you only want to assign modules to menu items, and have no plans to use any of the other Condition Rules... then there is not much point in using Advanced Module Manager at all.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription