Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

Hide / dont load / module on mobile

stof's Avatar stof
When I hide a module for mobile devices the module is still loaded but just not shown if I am correct.

Is it possible with AMM to not load the module at all? It would improve the page speed for mobile when I do not load modules which I want to show on desktop.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Yes, you can do that with the free version of Advanced Module Manager.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
stof's Avatar stof
Thanks for your answer. I have the Pro version so that will be fine.

I assume I have to use the settings under 'devices' in this case? When I hide it on mobile it is also hidden on desktop in my case.
You already mention that this is not 100% accurate but thought that it could have problems when devices are a little in between phone or tablet or so.

It would be a cool feature when you can set your framework in the settings (Bootstrap 4, Bootstrap 5, UIKit, etc when it is used) and that one can choose the or more specific breakpoints that the framework uses.
I can use the hidden classes in the advanced settings but then the module is still loaded (just not displayed).
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Bootstrap and the others use css media queries to hide stuff.
That can only be done in the browser after the page is loaded. So it indeed just hides it. It doesn't prevent it from loading.

The conditions in Advanced Module Manager are done server-side, via PHP.
It uses the User Agent to determine whether the browser is (or is mimicking) a certain device.
It cannot use breakpoints like in CSS, as that is something the browser only knows client-side, not server-side.

If you say it is showing on your desktop, but the condition is set to on mobile, that would mean your browser is mimicking a mobile device (browser).

Do you have this online so I can take a look?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription