Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

J4 Sorting modules by color option

Calvin's Avatar Calvin
In AMM Options, the sort order option is no longer there (as opposed to J3). I'd like to always start AMM sorted by color, based on the color order in the custom colors I've added.

Also, modules with no color sort to the top, when I'd prefer them to sort to the bottom.

Can these features be added back to AMM (or let me know where to look if they are already available).

Also, when I edit a module, save and close (or just close) it, the module list gets jumbled from what it was. The list order is not the same. This makes it harder to keep track of my work. I can't count on working through modules methodically if they keep reordering when I save/close one.

Thanks.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Calvin's Avatar Calvin
The development version appears to have fixed all of these issues.

Thank you!
Ok, great 🙂
The fix will be included in the next release.
Calvin's Avatar Calvin
Thank you for adding that back to the J4 version.

I have one other small request. In the J3 version I could assign a color to the module while editing the module. Now I have to save the module then change the color at that time.

Would it be possible to add that ability back to open modules?

Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply.
It is on the list of things to maybe add later.
I will try to look in to this in the coming weeks...
Calvin's Avatar Calvin
I notice that the color sorting is being done using the HEX number order. The J3 version sorted in the custom order of the colors as entered in Options.

Would it be possible to sort by custom color order as in J3? In J3, I put certain very frequently edited modules on top using a specific color. Now those modules are further down the page.

As a feature request, would it be possible to add a filter option to filter by a particular color?

Thanks.
Calvin's Avatar Calvin
Sorry about all the questions and requests -- as I work more within J4, I'm continuing to find things.

I was just working on a homepage module that I wanted to only display to registered users. I noticed that the option to select Access Levels on the right column of the Module editor was missing.

I was able to work around this by creating a custom condition, but this is more complicated than before. Would it be possible to have the Access dropdown restored in J4?

Thanks.
Regarding the ordering of the colors and the setting of the color in the module edit screen:
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases

You can now also search by the HEX color. It will search for the color if the search string contains starts with a '#' followed by 3 or 6 numbers or letters.

The idea behind Advanced Module Manager is that all forms of publishing conditions are in one place. So the access level, language and publishing dates are now all available as condition rules.
They will not be also available as fields directly in the module edit form.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription