Search
Other Advanced Module Manager questions
Forum

RL Conditions component doesn't work in J4.2

Kay-Uwe Koalick's Avatar Kay-Uwe Koalick
My settings: Joomla 4.2.0, PHP 8.0.17, MariaDB: 10.3.32

I have the issue that I get a blank screen only (even with maximum error reporting) when I tried to open a condition. It makes no matter to try this from the component or inside a module.

So I delete the Advanced Module Manager but the RL Conditions component still keep (??). I delete it with the Joomla Extension Manager. Then I reinstalled Advanced Module Manager.

I can make new conditions but when I try to access them in the component list ... blank screens only. Making a new one there is possible but the web page has to be refreshed to see it. "Save and New" reports this error: "No direct call to page allowed"

In other word: I can make new conditions and delete them. I cannot open or change any conditions.

Unfortunately I cannot give you an error log, because I get no one, even with maximum error logging.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Not possible - installation is in an internal network. Remote access is not allowed. But I can try to reproduce this error on a test installation which can be reached form outside. But this takes a bit of time because I am very busy in the moment. You will get an information when it is ready. Thanks 🙂
Ok. Great… Take your time as I am supposed to be on Holiday now 😁
Enjoy your holiday. 🙂 Issue is fixed - nothing wrong with your extension.

My fix:

Today I make a copy of my Joomla installation and got an error message the first time:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 507904 bytes) in /libraries/regularlabs/src/StringHelper.php on line 234

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 253952 bytes) in /libraries/vendor/symfony/error-handler/ErrorRenderer/HtmlErrorRenderer.php on line 273

Memory size? -> so I checked my memory_limit in php.ini 8.0.17 and compare it with my php.ini 8.1.1 (where I have no issues) - eh voilà - increasing the memory limit fix my problem.

Sorry for this unnecessary effort, but I received an error message for the first time today (on the text server). The live system only gave a white screen, which is not really helpful.

Again my thanks for the quick feedback.
Good that you found the issue!
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription