Search
Other Tabs questions
Forum

Tabs and YOOtheme

David Hillock's Avatar David Hillock
I'm starting to incorporate YOOtheme into our website, and now a number of lines are displayed before the tabs. You can see here:

Confidential information:
(hidden)

What do you suggest?

Also, since I use several of your products, and general advice regarding the use of YOOtheme?

Thank you and take care.

David
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Yootheme loads css that conflicts with Tabs.
In this case mainly this is causing issues:
.nav-stacked {
    display: block!important;
}

Using frontend extensions on template frameworks is always a bit of a gamble to see how they play together. In my experience, Yootheme loads a lot of CSS and javascript that potentially clash with other things.

I recommend you ask their support for solutions on this. And/or add your own custom CSS to fix these individual issues.

For more info about how elements get their styling, you can use the Element Inspector of your browser.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
David Hillock's Avatar David Hillock
Good information - thank you.

When you use YOOtheme, you are able to turn bootstrap off. When I did that, that tabs worked as expected.

Do you think I will have problem with your other products, with bootstrap turned off. I'm not expecting you to respond on a product-by-product basis...but would appreciate your general feedback.

Thank you.

David
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Bootstrap switched off in the template should only prevent conflicts. You might miss stuff in the template, but that's for you to find out.

The Regular Labs Tabs, Sliders and Tooltips for Joomla 3, will not work nicely or at all with templates that load and use Bootstrap 3 or higher.
See: docs3.regularlabs.com/tabs/faqs/troubles...trap-4-or-5-template
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription