Search
Other Sourcerer questions
Forum

Issue with frontend edititing and specific tags, e.g. iframe

Joris Lange's Avatar Joris Lange
Hi Peter,

We came across an issue that seems to be in the Joomla 4 core. I reported it in the Joomla Issue Tracker, see: issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/39339

It would like to inform you about this because we found this issue while migrating a J.3 site to J.4, and in J.3 we are using Sourcerer in order to make life easier for front-end editors. They are allowed to use iframes and on J.3 it works perfectly with Sourcerer. Unfortunately, we get an error message in J.4.

After some investigation, it seems to us that the issue is in the Joomla core, not in Sourcerer. However, I thought you might be interested as it also seems break the behaviour of Sourcerer.

Kind regards, Frits
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Did you try the exact same thing as Brian did there?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thanks for you reply.

I saw Brian's comment and as far as I can see, he did exactly the same as I did. I am surprised to see that he does not have this issue.

Frits

edit: I double checked, trying different user groups and settings (at first I disabled deleting articles and creating new articles, as this is set on the original site where we first encountered this issue). However, the issue remains.
Hi Peter,

Maybe you followed the discussion in the Issue Tracker. In case you did not: it turned out to be the hosts mod_security settings, not a Joomla issue.

Another lesson learned: when testing an issue, also double check on a different hosting.

Kind regards, Frits
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Thanks for the update.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription