Search
Other Sourcerer questions
Forum

Added empty p tags in tinymce editor

cody dan's Avatar cody dan
Hi Peter,

Not sure where the issue with this is and already did a round on the joomla forums with no answers. They cannot reproduce the issue so that would suggest it may only be on my end.

If using either the sourcerer editor or the tinymce default source code editor and pasting markup in the editor as new content or editing previous content markup the editors will add an empty open/close <p></p> tags either after the edit or at the bottom of the editor after all markup.

Some times on a new custom module or article, without clicking anything in the default editor and going to the source code or the sourcerer editor screen there is already an open and close <p></p> tags in the editor and if deleting the tags and adding html markup the tags are added back to the editor, usually after the edit markup, and cannot get rid of them.

The only way to get rid of this when editing existing markup is to click the cursor at the very last character of the source code, which I know eventually my people will get lazy and forget to do this. But this still does not explain on creating new content and having the tags automatically added.

I'm not saying its coming from sourcerer just trying to eliminate possibilities. This is still on my local dev install for upgrading to joomla 4. No new components have been installed only upgraded what was in the j3 install.

To see if you can reproduce this paste:
<div class="container">
  <div class="row">
    <h2>My Header</h2>
    some text string
  </div>
</div>
click the OK or save button go back to the editor and see if the p tags are there. Also re paste the same code before or after the previous saved code to add another div container section, as before, repeat save and see if empty p tags are there.

My thinking is that the source editors should not automatically add anything in the source editors regardless of space/carriage/tabs etc.

Thank you!
Daniel
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This is completely down to TinyMCE. And has indeed nothing to do with Sourcerer.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
cody dan's Avatar cody dan
I tried turning off every third party plugin and its still there.

Thank you for your time!
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription