Search
Other Snippets questions
Forum

Snippets throwing 0 Unknown named parameter $params on J4

Philip Walton's Avatar Philip Walton
Dear Peter

Just updated a development site to Joomla 4 and it worked like a charm. I then tried to update regular labs extensions and ran into a few issues. I could not seem to install the individual version of snippets (pro version) as it threw errors.
I next tried the extension manager.
First time failed, but second time all came good. So I used that to update the snippets and it says it has updated it to 8.3.3.
Unfortunately if i go into the snippet extension and go into a particular snippet, i get

An error has occurred.
0 Unknown named parameter $params

below is the debug output

Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/libraries/src/Editor/Editor.php:198
2 Joomla\CMS\Editor\Editor->display() JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Field/EditorField.php:261
3 Joomla\CMS\Form\Field\EditorField->getInput() JROOT/libraries/src/Form/FormField.php:1082
4 Joomla\CMS\Form\FormField->renderField() JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Form.php:606
5 Joomla\CMS\Form\Form->renderFieldset() JROOT/administrator/components/com_snippets/tmpl/item/edit.php:38
6 include() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:436
7 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:220
8 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_snippets/src/View/Item/HtmlView.php:67
9 RegularLabs\Component\Snippets\Administrator\View\Item\HtmlView->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:697
10 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_snippets/src/Controller/DisplayController.php:49
11 RegularLabs\Component\Snippets\Administrator\Controller\DisplayController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:735
12 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:146
13 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:389
14 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
15 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
16 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:278
17 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:63
18 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

Any ideas, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times. You can see the front page where the snippets would be here

joomla 4 - l4v.sfclient.co.uk/vehicle/fiat/ducato-2006

Joomla 3 - www.locks4vans.co.uk/vehicle/fiat/ducato-2006

Kind regards
Phil

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
I have the feeling this might be because of an issue in your Joomla setup.
You are running on Joomla 4.1.5, and it says it is uptodate. However, the latest version is Joomla 4.2.0.
Can you first try to update to that version? You might need to do that manually, by uploading the 4.2.0 package file.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I did as you suggested but then realised it was JCE that was causing the error and breaking it as I tried to open the snippets, so I swapped the editor to tinyMCE and I was then able to go into the snippets.
I have been into several and saved them hoping that that might fix the issue of them not showing on the front end but to no avail. Is there any other thing I need to do to get snippets that are working in J3 to work with J4?
On the road at the moment.
Will see what I can find in about an hour…
Please update your {snippet} tags to use the correct syntax.
See: docs4.regularlabs.com/snippets/the-basics/inserting-a-snippet
Thanks Peter that worked like a charm.
🙂👍
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription