Search
Other Snippets questions
Forum

Error on Joomla 4.0.5

Jean-Marie GROUD's Avatar Jean-Marie GROUD
-------------------------------------------------
English
Hello

I have an error when installing the "Snippets" component under Joomla 4.0.5.
"Internal Server Error"

However, the component is installed and when I click on the "Regular Labs - Snippets" component I get more error messages...
0 Class "RegularLabs\Component\Snippets\Administrator\Extension\Component" not found 

Call stack
# 	Function 	Location
1 	() 	JROOT/administrator/components/com_snippets/services/provider.php:42
2 	Joomla\DI\ServiceProviderInterface@anonymous/homepages/27/d203673211/htdocs/JMGi/administrator/components/com_snippets/services/provider.php:25$1f4->{closure}() 	JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/di/src/ContainerResource.php:182
3 	Joomla\DI\ContainerResource->getInstance() 	JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/di/src/Container.php:96
4 	Joomla\DI\Container->get() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Extension/ExtensionManagerTrait.php:177
5 	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->loadExtension() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Extension/ExtensionManagerTrait.php:47
6 	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->bootComponent() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:389
7 	Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
8 	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
9 	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:278
10 	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() 	JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:63
11 	require_once() 	JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

When I try to list the plugings with "snippets" in the name, the list remains empty... The "Snippets" plugins don't seem to be installed correctly (while the "Regular Labs - Snippets" component is added in the components list).

What should I do?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Jean-Marie

-------------------------------------------------
Français
Bonjour

J'ai une erreur lors de l'installation du composant "Snippets" sous Joomla 4.0.5.
"Internal Serveur Erreur"
Le composant est néanmoins installé et lorsque je clique sur le composant "Regular Labs - Snippets" j'ai d'autres messages d'erreurs...
(voir liste ci-dessus).
Lorsque j'essaie de lister les plugins avec "snippets" dans le nom, la liste reste vide... Les plugins "Snippets" semblent ne pas s'installer correctement (alors que le composant "Regular Labs - Snippets" est bien ajouté dans la liste des composants).
Que dois-je faire ?
Merci d'avance pour votre aide.
Jean-Marie
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Try clearing the Joomla cache
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hello Peter
Same errors 🙁
Try reinstalling Snippets.

If that doesn't solve it:
Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
OK

Confidential information:
(hidden)
The Regular Labs Library seemed to not have been installed correctly. Probably because of a Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 upgrade.

I uninstalled Snippets and the Regular Labs Library and reinstalled Snippets.
All looks good now.
Thanks a lot Peter 🙂
Pieter-Jan de Vries's Avatar Pieter-Jan de Vries
Hey Peter,

I installed Snippets 8.1.1 Pro on a quite clean Joomla! 4.0.5 installation and got the following warning:
Warning: Undefined variable $saveOrderingUrl in /var/www/html/front-end-edit.j4.obix.local/public/administrator/components/com_snippets/tmpl/items/default.php on line 95

Nothing critical, but you know... 🙂

Regards,
Pieter-Jan de Vries
Thanks.
Will be fixed in next release.
And now fixed in the latest dev version:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription