Search
Other Sliders questions
Forum

Sliders always open

Andy Connell's Avatar Andy Connell
Hi,

I have a sliders issue, I can't figure out - Sliders are used in lots of pages around this site and have always worked well, but now they are always all open?

I've added a link to a live page, with a new test slider at the very bottom of the page - I set up a test with 4 blank sliders, set them all closed by default, but they're all open?
{slider title="Test 1" open="false"}
Your text...
{slider title="Test 2"}
Your text...
{slider title="test 3"}
Your text...
{slider title="test 4"}

This is a site that's been live & working for 6 months plus and other than updating Joomla and a few trusted plugins, nothing much has changed?
All Reg Labs plugins are up to date with currently available versions, J3.9.26, PHP 7.3.27

Any help, tips, advice would be welcomed 🙂
Thanks, Andy

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This could be caused by a conflict with the widgetkit.
Hard to say.

I recommend you try to reproduce the issue on a clean installation using that template.
Then if it works ok there, see when it breaks when adding the other 3rd party extensions you have running.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Thanks for your speedy reply.

I had disabled the widgetkit plugins and tested again with the same result.
I guess I'll have to go through all 3rd party extensions to find what might be causing the issue.

Headed to you first as the only thing we updated in the last 4 weeks was Joomla, JCE & Reg Labs; Tabs, Sliders, content templater, library, articles anywhere & Extn Manager.
Let me know what you find...
I disabled everything that's been updated in the last couple of weeks, reinstalled all (used) reg labs plugins, but still the same.
Firebug mentioned an error from sliders, but obvs not sure if this is a conflict with something else, however, it did point me to this - developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Jav...e/Errors/Not_defined

For now, I've enabled Jqueryeasy, which I don't like to do, but its got my client of my back 🙂
Well, there is your answer. So some type of conflict with the jQuery file loaded by your template.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription