Search
Other ReReplacer questions
Forum

Error: Unknown format specifier "J"

Hideto Oshima's Avatar Hideto Oshima
Hello,

Currently, when I access the Replacer control panel (v12.1.0 [PRO]), I get the following error:
Unknown format specifier "J"

I don't know about the causality, but I noticed this issue after updating Joomla to the latest version v.4.0.5 (that is, it was normal so far).

When I enabled and checked Joomla's Debug System, the following message was displayed.
1	()	JROOT/libraries/src/Language/Text.php:303
2	sprintf()	JROOT/libraries/src/Language/Text.php:303
3	Joomla\CMS\Language\Text::sprintf()	JROOT/libraries/regularlabs/src/Version.php:219
4	RegularLabs\Library\Version::getFooterReview()	JROOT/libraries/regularlabs/src/Version.php:72
5	RegularLabs\Library\Version::getFooter()	JROOT/administrator/components/com_rereplacer/tmpl/items/default.php:274
6	include()	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:429
7	Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate()	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:218
8	Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display()	JROOT/administrator/components/com_rereplacer/src/View/Items/HtmlView.php:95
9	RegularLabs\Component\ReReplacer\Administrator\View\Items\HtmlView->display()	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:692
10	Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()	JROOT/administrator/components/com_rereplacer/src/Controller/DisplayController.php:52
11	RegularLabs\Component\ReReplacer\Administrator\Controller\DisplayController->display()	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:730
12	Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()	JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:146
13	Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:389
14	Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
15	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
16	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:278
17	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()	JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:63
18	require_once()	JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

I have confirmed that the error disappears when I comment out line 303 in libraries/src/Language/Text.php.

What is the correct solution to this error?

Thanks

- - -
Postscript:
New facts have been revealed. If I change my language to English when accessing the Administration Control Panel, I don't get this error.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
What language were you using?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
My language is Japanese.
Yes, there is an error in one of the translation strings for Japanese.

For now you can fix it by changing this file:
plugins/system/regularlabs/language/ja-JP/ja-JP.plg_system_regularlabs.ini
Find the line with RL_JED_REVIEW="...", line 341.

And change '%1$' to '%1$s'.
So the ending s is missing.

This will be fixed in the next release...
My issue was solved!
You didn't seem to fix this issue in the latest version (ReReplacer v12.1.0 [PRO]).
The language file in the latest release seems fine...
Are you getting the exact same error?
Can you check the language string in that file?
After updating to the latest version today, the modified part of the Japanese file was back before it was modified. So I modified the language file again.
For now you can fix it by changing this file:
plugins/system/regularlabs/language/ja-JP/ja-JP.plg_system_regularlabs.ini
Find the line with RL_JED_REVIEW="...", line 341.

And change '%1$' to '%1$s'.
So the ending s is missing.
That is weird. Because the ja-JP language file you can find in the zip file is correct, and contains the '%1$s'.
Can you try to reinstall and see if it resets again to the wrong file (with the '%1$' and no 's').
If so, Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
I can't use my business time for verifying. I will report if similar issues reoccur in the next update.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription