Search
Other ReReplacer questions
Forum

Is there an editor button to insert ReReplacer placeholder?

Thomas Venugopal's Avatar Thomas Venugopal
Hello,

is there an editor button to insert ReReplacer placeholder? And if not, why? 🙂

Greets
Thomas
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
No there isn't. What do you mean by 'ReReplacer placeholder'?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
What I mean:

It would be nice to have an editor button which opens a modal where I can chose different rereplacer items (that’s what I mean with placeholder) to insert them in to an article/module. We have so many rereplacer items that everybody in our team has to open a second browser tab to explore the different rereplacer items, copy them and insert them in the first browser tab. In the modal there could be the description too to make an easy selection.
ReReplacer is not specifically a placeholder extension. Yes, you can use it for that. But there is nothing in ReReplacer that tells it that the search is a placeholder or something else (like a html search, or a list of searches, or a dynamic Regular Expressions search).

If you are simply replacing placeholders with fixed HTML, you could use Snippets instead, which does come with the editor button you want.
regularlabs.com/snippets
We’re using ReReplacer for many other things too and didn‘t see the need to install another extension for that purpose. I understand what you say and I think it would be just nice to add these kinds of tags too. At the end it’s about inserting tags in a more comfortable way.
With Joomla 3 you can also use Content Templater to create items that insert text (which can be placeholders) into your editor via the editor buttons:
regularlabs.com/contenttemplater

Content Templater is not ready for Joomla 4 yet.
Thanks, I will give it a try. 👍🏽
I looked into Snippets Pro, but unfortunately I need some features being in ReReplacer like:

- Publish Assignments
- PHP

So I still have no button to insert the rereplacer tags into content. 🙂 I understand that it does not make sense in any case, but it's still an useful addition for many use cases. Maybe you can see the need for an editor button too. If not, that's ok too, but too bad.

Greets
It will not become part of ReReplacer.
Like mentioned, you can create custom buttons (or a combined list under 1 button) of things to insert into the editor with Content Templater.
That won't be automatically connected to your ReReplacer items. But it is flexible.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription