Other Quick Index questions
Forum

Index not always generated

Maxime Sottini's Avatar Maxime Sottini
We have an issue with some pages where the index is not generated. Example,

www.innovativelearning.eu/it/prodotti/itil-4.html

The majority of similar pages are working; example

www.innovativelearning.eu/products/itil-4.html

The behaviour changes by reducing the content of some modules. Therefore, we believe it is a matter of size. We have also tried the exclusion of some parts of the page and some components with no success. We are trying to understand this issue since several weeks now.

Any idea of the error or how to debug?

Thanks
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
See if you can increase PHP memory limits. Probably the setting concerning regex memory.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
We incremented PHP memory limit from 128MB to 256MB with no success. We do not believe that this is the issue. Is there any way to debug and find out where the plugin finds an issue or has a bug. Any other idea?
Hard to say what would cause this.

Can you give me (super) admin and (s)ftp access so I can take a look?
You can use the 'Confidential information' button in the forum editor to hide sensitive information.
Yes, for privacy and GDPR reasons we shall give you access to a pseudonimyzed environment. We are setting up it and will give you access asap. Many thanks for support and kind regards. P.s. I will use the confidential button.
Please, find below the information.
Confidential information:
(hidden)

For the ftp access we have strict policies and it is complex to grant. We shall provide you with vpn access and server privileges.
Can you first check with Joomla access only?
If you don't find anything, we can start the internal authorization process.
The page working is: test-www.innovativelearning.eu/it/prodotti/itil-4.html
The similar pages not working are:
- test-www.innovativelearning.eu/it/prodotti/itil-4.html
- test-www.innovativelearning.eu/fr/produits/itil-4.html
- test-www.innovativelearning.eu/es/productos/itil-4.html
If you need support, let us know. We can also organize a web conference.
Many thanks.
Maxime
I can't do much with just the admin access.
Also, I seem to have admin and not super admin access. And therefore don't have access to the eventbooking component.
So I can't check much.

Are you able to reproduce the issue in normal articles?
I now provided super user privileges.
The issue is very "tricky", as it occurs only in some pages of the eventbooking component. Currently we have it in the page mentioned above. However, from a visits point of view, these are among the most immportant.
We don't use much normal articles.
Kind regards,
I am not too familiar with the eventbooking component.
How can I get to the events to change/test things? I don't see the component in the administrator side...
The pages are generated using the categories of the eventbooking component. You can access here test-www.innovativelearning.eu/administr...king&view=categories
The html code is specific per language and you find it in the Description field.
However, the full page is composed using also other components (not only eventbooking).
Yeah, not much I can do with just the (super) admin access.
Also because of the complexity of the eventbooking.

I would need to have (s)FTP access to be able to do some in-file testing.

If you can reproduce this on an online environment to which I can get direct (s)FTP access, I am happy to look into this.
We will start the authorization process with IT.. not immediate.
Are there specific requirements? To which paths do you need to access?
You should consider to enable some "tracing/debugging" capabilities in Quickindex.
Kind regards.
I would need access to at least the plugins folder.
And probably also the libraries folder.
We are ready to provide credentials to access the folder. You will need to access a VPN.
Here below you find my email.
Confidential information:
(hidden)

If you write to me and provide your email, I will send the details and needed software.
Kind regards
Meanwhile, our development has found where the issue is. It is in the feil and src/Replace.php. In particulare, the function RL_RegEx::matchAll($regex, $string, $matches). It is executed but there is too much text and it fails. Unfortunately, it does not report any error. As a consequence, the plugin does not match tags in code. We implemented a workaround eliminating our component with huge amount of text without any h header (we call it rotator) from the scope of the Quickindex and then adding the html content to the page. However, the issue could arise in any other type of page and needs some fixing from your side. I hope that it is clear enough as I am not a developer. Let me know if you need more information. Find below a screen with the modified code.
www.dropbox.com/s/g4kjo6xkvcmtyml/image_..._02_42_005Z.png?dl=0
Kind regards.
If Regular Expression replacements in php fail without error, it is down to a PHP memory limit.

BUT: having such enormous amounts of content might also be a sign that you should reorganize your content. 🙂
The content is a list of courses that is dynamically extracted by a query. Not easy to restructure the content that is dynamic and with no h tags (no need to parse by quickindex). I guess there can be many other situations like ours.

We have changed PHP memory limit from 128MB (working for all pages but these) to 256MB. It's quite a lot but with no success.
For now, we solved with a workaround but having more control on quickindex scope would be preferable.

May be an input for next releases.

Kind regards
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription