Search
Other Quick Index questions
Forum

How to add Table of Contents and Index to Joomla articles as a series of chapters to form a book?

G C's Avatar G C
Hi Peter,

Is there a way to add a Table of Contents and Index to Joomla articles that will be part of a series of chapters to form a book?
For example, instead of having all the chapters in one article, I want to break them up into separate articles but have a separate article which will be the Table of Contents and an Index article for the entire online book. I know I can manually type in all the Chapters, sections, headings, etc. into one article and manually link them to create a T of C. But that would be a lot of manual edits that would continually need updates as the book content grows.

I use the Regular Labs Quick Index extension for some articles and it's great that it can automatically create an index based on headings. But I need a T of C for multiple articles instead of just the content in one article.

Are your Articles Anywhere or Articles Field extensions a way to accomplish this? If yes, which is best for what I need to do?

Thank you.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Quick Index can't do that.

But yes, you can use Articles Anywhere Pro to do this.
Simply grab the articles from the category/categories you want, in whatever order you want, and output their linked titles.

Check out the docs on Articles Anywhere:
Joomla 3: docs3.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere
Joomla 4: docs4.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
G C's Avatar G C
Hi Peter,

I installed the Articles Anywhere and Articles Field extensions. I noticed that the after the install it had a message:
"Joomla's own "Article" editor button has been disabled"

I use JCE Editor Pro extension. I don't see any "Article" editor buttons. Are there features of AA and AF that need to use the Joomla default article editor to enable the buttons for those extensions to be accessible?

Thanks.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You don't need Articles Field for this. And Articles Field is not an editor button.

Articles Anywhere does have an editor button and it should show in JCE with the other editor buttons.
If not, check that the Articles Anywhere editor button plugin is enabled.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription