Articles Anywhere "articles" tag

Search
Other Pre-Sale questions
Forum

Articles Anywhere "articles" tag - Pro or Free?

Bruce Scherzinger's Avatar Bruce Scherzinger
Hey there,

The documentation does not indicate that the "articles" tag is a "Pro" feature. It's only evident in the plugin configuration panel. Is it supposed to be included in the "Free" version or not? Just curious.

Regarding this {articles} tag, will doing the following create a list of all article titles in a category that are links to those articles? And is it possible to "adorn" the links with additional attributes?
{articles category="My Category"}
[link][title][/link]
{/articles}

This is a very powerful and useful plugin. I would love to do more with it, but I want to make sure I can do what I need to do before committing to purchase.

Thanks,
Bruce
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
That the multiple articles tag is only available in the Pro version is stated here:
regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere/features
And - unlike you said - it IS stated in multiple places in the documentation:
docs4.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere/p...gs/multiple-articles

Yes, it can do what you want and a whole lot more. Please read the documentation, as what you asked plus all the rest is explained in it.
docs4.regularlabs.com/articlesanywhere
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Bruce Scherzinger's Avatar Bruce Scherzinger
Hey Peter,

You're right, but that's not where I was looking in the docs when I posted this topic. Here's where I was looking. And there are other areas in the documentation similarly formatted as this one where that little "Pro" icon is shown. Though this does not state the {articles} tag doesn't work in the "Free" version, it implies that it does. Note that this is in a section called "Basic Article Data". I might add that because I had been using the "Free" version I did not look at entire sections marked "Pro".

Not a complaint, just an observation. Might be worth a minor update.

Cheers,
Bruce
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
That whole part is about the Data Tags. So in that screenshot, it is about the [title] tag. Hence it being blue.
So no, this does not warrant a minor update. It is fine how it is.

The examples show how to do stuff in both the Pro and the Free version. And the specific functionalities that are only available in the Pro version are explained in the parts of the documentation about those specific functionalities.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on this forum if you log in