Search
Other Modals questions
Forum

Group Modal with modal tag

Florian Bauer's Avatar Florian Bauer
how can I use the modal tag to create the modal content and still group it so I can navigate to the next modal content? I mean if I use the {modalcontent mycontent}{/modalcontent} tags. how can I group those?
It looks as If I cannot group multiple modals with inline content.
This would only show the first modal, the navigation to the second modal only shows an empty modal

{modal html="This text is entered right inside the modal tag." group="example1"}Inline content{/modal}
{modal html="This text is entered right inside the modal tag." group="example1"}Inline content{/modal}
It is really weird, if I try this

{modalcontent mycontent1}
... your fully styled content...
{/modalcontent}

{modal group="test" content="mycontent1" title="Fully styled inline content"}A lot more inline content{/modal}

{modalcontent mycontent2}
... your fully styled content...
{/modalcontent}

{modal group="test" content="mycontent2" title="Fully styled inline content"}A lot more inline content{/modal}

I can navigate to the second modal, but the second modal shows only the title not the content...

What I want is a button that opens a modal and I can then skip through multiple content modals (these modals are not linked from a separate button, I only need one button to open the first and then navigate to the next within the modal.

do you have an idea how to achieve this?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Simply place no content in the other {modal} tags:
{modal group="test" content="mycontent1" title="Title 1"}A lot more inline content{/modal}
{modal group="test" content="mycontent2" title="Title 2"}{/modal}
{modal group="test" content="mycontent3" title="Title 3"}{/modal}

{modalcontent mycontent1}
... Content 1 ...
{/modalcontent}
{modalcontent mycontent2}
... Content 2 ...
{/modalcontent}
{modalcontent mycontent3}
... Content 3 ...
{/modalcontent}
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
I tried that already, but it looks as if I cannot group multiple inline modals... with your code I only see the content from the first modal, the second and third only show the title but not the content!
Please try the latest development version from:
regularlabs.com/development-releases
Great, thank you!! Now it works!
Ok, great 🙂
The fix will be included in the next release.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription