Search
Other Modals questions
Forum

open an pageload for 2-3 modal

fion's Avatar fion
Dear Sir,

Previously I have add "id" at modal code as below, but now it cannot show modal content unless remove the id

---(1st & 2nd modal) ---
{modal url="images/DontDelete/CEF_poster202110_0843.jpg" width="50%" open="true" autoclose="5000" id="first-modal"}{/modal}
{modal html="In light of the situation of the COVID-19 epidemic,.... " title="Important Notice" width="50%" open="true" autoclose="5000" delay="7500" id="second-modal" delay="7500" }{/modal}

(1) before I add "id" at the beginning as {modal id="first-modal" url="..... open="true" autoclose="5000"}{/modal}
---> but the image cannot show, SO
(2) I add "id" at the end as {modal url="..... open="true" autoclose="5000" id="first-modal"}{/modal}
---> but the second modal also cannot shown
(3) I try to add delay at second modal, but 2nd modal also cannot show ?

Question :
I am using Joomla 3.6.5 by Modals v9.7.1 (PRO) , due to the core file is edited by custom code, I cannot update the joomla version, but Before I can allow two modal open popup one by one.

Please teach me again how to allow two modals open an pageload one by one.

Thanks
Fion
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You can only auto-open 1 modal per page.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
fion's Avatar fion
Dear Peter

Our customer need the Home Page when load, can show two modals
1st modal with a image url="images/poster.jpg" , after it close then open
2nd modal with html="text"

Before it DID work !, you have taught me by adding "id" in each modal {} tag (i.e. id="first-modal", id="second-modal") then It DID show two modals one by one, but now only can show 1st one after remove the id="first-modal". In other words "id" cannot place inside the modal {} tag

so is there any method to allow the autoopen two modals one by one ?

Please do teach me as before it can be shown two modals in one page

Thanks indeed

Fion
I made a simple test on Joomla 4 and this is working fine:
{modal html="Opens after 2 seconds" open="true" delay="2000"}{/modal}

{modal html="Opens after 5 seconds (closes first modal)" open="true" delay="5000"}{/modal}
fion's Avatar fion
[Solved and sharing]
Dear Peter

Thank you so much for your prompt replys. I also have some trial and error testing and got my problem solved too and also simple to your above teaching as :
1. check the id="first-modal" to id="1" and also
2. add delay at second modal as below

{modal id="1" url="images/abc.jpg" width="50%" open="true" autoclose="5000"}{/modal}
{modal id="2" html="In light of the situation of the COVID-19 epidemic,...." title="Important Notice" width="50%" delay="6500" open="true" autoclose="5000"}{/modal}

Thanks indeed.

You are always my helping hands indeed.

Wish you every success with my best regard.

Fion
from Hong Kong
I don't think you need the ids at all. Just remove those.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription