Search
Other Modals questions
Forum

form in modal not working

Christopher Knudtson's Avatar Christopher Knudtson
I have am RSForm Pro form with conditional fields that works fine when I navigate to the page with the form. However, if I try to pop up the same form in a modal window (via a URL) it just spins. The console tells me "Uncaught ReferenceError: RSFormPro is not defined". Not sure if this is an RSForm Pro issue or a Regularlabs issue, but I thought I would start here first since the form DOES work outside a modal. I've perused the forums here and can't quite find an answer. Any ideas?
Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Check if your template has a modal.php in the template folder. This is what Modals uses.
The modal.php that Modals places in the system template folder is based on the default component.php file.
With some added magic to load stuff or not.

You can try changing the subtemplate setting in the Modals system plugin settings from 'modal' to 'component'...
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Christopher Knudtson's Avatar Christopher Knudtson
Has this changed in Joomla 4? For some reason when a form is submitted in a modal, the page it is redirected to stays in the modal window.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Correct. Articles will be opened in iframes.
You can either set the target on the form to _top or _parent.
Or place the article as inline content with the help of Articles Anywhere.

docs4.regularlabs.com/modals/content/inl...separate-content-tag
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription