Search
Other Email Protector questions
Forum

Protect email works but is not linkable

Jose Cheli's Avatar Jose Cheli
Hello:

We are using version 4.5 with Joomla 3.9.20. We put Email Protector at last order of plugins and it works but the email text or graphic are not linkable like we are setting in configuration.

A example to verify the problem is this page:

vadilom.com/es/editorial/diseccion-arter...ostico-y-tratamiento

Inside it appear two mailto protected cases. Javascript protected code seems ok but is not linkable to mail default app.

What can it are happening?

Regards
Jose
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
You have javascript errors on your site which is breaking stuff. It seems to be caused by syntax issues in the GSearch460 code.
Check your browser's console to get more info about the javascript error(s).
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Hi Peter, thanks for your support.

We have deactivated the plugin Gsearch that be cause of the Javascript error. But now this page show at console another problem with the definition of "var emailProtector" with the exception:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ',' at line number that defines the emailProtector variable. Any idea of what can I be happening?

vadilom.com/es/editorial/diseccion-arter...ostico-y-tratamiento

Regards.
Jose
It looks like you are using a custom ReReplacer, that is causing issues inside javascript code. It is replacing
h[i]
with
h<i>
So Fix your ReReplacer replacements.
Thanks Peter. It seems that it works at this page. But another pages the behaviour is strange since the plugin works and don't work into the page. An example of this is:

vadilom.com/es/lo-mas-leido

At this page appears "mailto" in plain text and another mailto links are codified with javascript hidden code by Email Protector. Why will be this behaviour?

Plugin Email Protector is the last in the order of plugins.

Confidential information:
(hidden)

Regards
Jose
Looks like this is caused by css styling from the templates:
.articulo-en-lista .authors a, .articulo-en-lista .authors .sup-aff {
    display: none;
}

For more info about how elements get their styling, you can use the Element Inspector of your browser.
Thanks Peter for your comment.

I use Element Inspector but I work directly with source (option view source in Chrome Browser) since it seems, the spammers search using this plain code, don't they?

If a element is hidden by css to the visitor, Email Protector don't apply its code to hidden this email? I was thinking that your plugin search matches of mailto text and apply its method of obfuscation using javascript.
Apart of this in the page:

vadilom.com/es/lo-mas-leido

Email Protector apply the filter a few of times and another ones don't. And all the times mailto are hidden to the visitor page by css display:none.

This is the source with yellow marks and red marks when apply hidden code.

What's the pattern Email Protector are looking for?

Regards
Jose
I am not sure where those email_content elements come from.
That Email Protector is not picking them up could either be because the html is placed there after Email Protector has looked at the html (matter of system plugin odering).
Or because of the '%20' after the email addresses, which shouldn't be there in any case.
Or because of the '%20' after the email addresses, which shouldn't be there in any case.
Well, that was the issue.

Please try the latest development version from:
www.regularlabs.com/development-releases
Great Peter!!! I have seen this "absurd" blank but really this is the difference with other times.

I think all the problems are resolved.

Thanks for all.

Regards.
Jose
Ok, great 🙂
The fix will be included in the next release.
You can only post on this forum if you log in