Search
Other Content Templater questions
Forum

Changes Made To Template

Steve's Avatar Steve
Hi Peter

I use Articles Anywhere and Snippets to create a Content Templater template and automatically have it load into articles for a given category. The template takes advantage of the custom fields assigned to that article through Articles Anywhere. In that category I have a few hundred articles that have been created and saved using that template.

If I make an alteration to the html structure of that Content Templater template, how do I ensure all the articles using that template pick up the changes without going into each article and resaving?

I am coming from someone who used Form2content for many years (now ceased of course) and I am now developing a site using your components Articles Anywhere and Content Templater in its place. In F2C when changing a template there was a refresh button that resaved all the selected articles to reflect the changes made to the underlying template.

Thanking you in advance for thoughts/advice/instruction.
Steve
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
That is not something Content Templater can do. That's not how it works.

Content Templater simply fills in the article with predefined content. After that, you (or the person creating the article) is free to edit what you want.

Content Templater does not force a certain layout or content.

If you do need that, I recommend you use custom fields and template overrides to force content in a certain layout/structure.
Or use CCKs or page builders.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Steve's Avatar Steve
I see what you mean Peter.

So even using the Joomla API to create a small script to re-save all articles from a category (assuming I can do that) would not fire Content Templater to load the template assigned to that category on save?

A related seperate question to simplify an alternative blog layout, can the Articles Anywhere syntax be used in the php files? On a search I could only find locked forum posts about this.

Again thank you for your assistance.

Regards
Steve
Steve's Avatar Steve
Hello Peter

I answered my own question, quite easy really create an com-content article override assign the article to that override and insert the same code/html structure with article anywhere tags in place of the $this->item->text; (as the article relies totaly on custom fields).

I can't envision any drawbacks? Can you see any?

Regards
Steve
Steve's Avatar Steve
Hi Peter

With just that action of being able to bulk save articles (maybe a plugin using the article batch system) you would have the simplest, most user friendly and I think most effective native CCK for Joomla.

All my best
Steve
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Not something I will be developing.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription