Search
Other Content Templater questions
Forum

Load template automatically into article by external form?

Thomas Venugopal's Avatar Thomas Venugopal
Hello, we're using RSform to collect content. The content is written into Joomla articles along with many custom fields values.

Question: How can I load a specific content template into the article text field?

If this is not possible, is it possible to use the silent posting ( www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...ion-silent-post.html ) feature instead to trigger the ctid parameter to get the template into the content?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
I have no idea how the silent posting of RSform works.

The templates of Content Templater only function inside the article edit view (or other content which has an editor and shows the editor button). It won't work on other pages.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
When submitting an article via rsform the onContentBeforeSave and onContentAfterSave events are triggered.

This is, what the developer of RSform says. My goal is, that when submitting an article via RSform, the user can choose via dropdown which template to load when submitting the form. I can write javascript an php if needed. So my question is: Will submitting the form trigger the content templater plugin so that the content gets loaded with the content.
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
No, it will not.
Content Templater has no such functionality.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Ok, thanks!
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription