Search
Other Content Templater questions
Forum

template globally for all applications.

Markus Hoffmann's Avatar Markus Hoffmann
Hi. I am using Content Templater to provide individual templates to editors in a large system. My question: I have a template with a price button. I load this template inside the articles. However, now when something changes in the template, the already applied articles with this template are no longer considered. Once content template template is applied, it can only be changed in the article itself but not in the content templater template. So now in 80 articles I have to change this content by hand. Is this not also possible globally?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
No, it is not possible to change stuff in articles that have used the template globally. That is not how Content Templater works.
It is meant to just insert the content or set the settings as a starting point. There is no hard coupling with the template once it is inserted. And you are free to change whatever you want in the article itself.

If you need to force layout and data across articles, you should not be using Content Templater.
Either use custom fields and/or layout overrides.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription