Search
Other Content Templater questions
Forum

article page layout?

Ken Lee's Avatar Ken Lee
I bought this extension hoping it would allow me to set up a user article template that would be easy to use and keep the format the same from article to article. I thought I would be able to drag and drop and image block (with the ability to pre-set the size and shape of the image, float, etc.) Then the location of the authorship of the article, date, etc. Then the content and additional images, if necessary. I cant find any instructions on how to do this with this product. Did I misinterpret what it is for?
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
Content Templater does not control how an article looks after you place the template. You can change whatever you want in the article after the template is inserted.
And changing the original Content Templater template does not affect articles where you already used that template.

If you want to force/control a certain layout and such, I would recommend you use custom fields and article view overrides.
Or look into full-fledged CCK extensions.

Let me know if you need a refund.
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Ken Lee's Avatar Ken Lee
No refund necessary, Peter. I use a lot of your stuff and generally only need the free version. I have been trying to figure out how to contribute, but was a little nervous about getting a pro version of one of your products, and later not being able to afford it and having problems when I could no longer afford the updates. This is the perfect opportunity for me to do show my appreciation for your hard work. You might consider having a donation link listed somewhere on your site for those of us that can't afford to buy the pro version of all of the various products we use, but would still like to help monetarily where we can. Thanks so much for the quick reply.
Thanks ☺️

There is always this option to buy a single subscription for What? Nothing! 😁
If you don't need a pro version but want to donate… You can do that here:
www.wfp.org/support-us/stories/donate
Ken Lee's Avatar Ken Lee
I have seen that item before, but never had time to see what it was. It would have been the perfect avenue to make a contribution. I guess I'm a little slow. By the way, your video is hilarious!! Have a great day!!
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription