Content Templater

I may have purchased the wrong Extension

1 year 1 month ago #88716

Jonathan's Avatar Jonathan

My understanding was that Content Templater inserts a "placeholder" {{content}} where the template gets inserted so that the template is reusable without copying. Now it appears that it actually makes a copy of the template every time. Is this true? If so then I bought the wrong product.

Snippets are reusable with the {{reusable-content}} approach. Is there not something similar for templating?

1 year 1 month ago #88719

Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen Admin

Yes, please read the documentation on Content Templater.

It works as a template much like templates in Word for instance. So a starting point for content. Also it helps set/force settings.
Changing the template does not change the items that have already been created with that template.

I have refunded your purchase.

1 year 1 month ago #88721

Thank you. But do you have another plug-in that does what I'm looking for other than snippets? It seems like Articles Anywhere would do what I'm looking for is that true? It seems I could create a reusable part of content and included within other articles?

1 year 1 month ago #88726

I don't know what you are looking for.
What exactly is it you want to do? And why does Snippets not fit that need?

1 year 1 month ago #88728

Snippets is great, but I need to reference custom fields in the Snippets.

Here is a video of what I really want to be able to do drive.google.com/open?id=1gknDyNWSkCFLzukBKSUhb7BeMEbkpnfB

1 year 1 month ago #88730

So you can do that with Snippets. Just use the {snippet} tags inside the 'main' snippets.

You could also use Snippets in combination with Content Templater.
So have a Content Templater template that contains {snippet} tags, that reference snippets that also contain other sub-snippets.

1 year 1 month ago #88731

but I need to reference custom fields in the Snippets
Custom fields of what? Of an article? Of the current article you are inserting the snippet/template in?

You can use Articles Anywhere to reference the current article to insert data from its own custom fields.

So I guess you want to piece different extensions together...